DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

With the Universal tapings coming up, I think we’ll finally see that high profile talent from another promotion we’ve all been waiting for brought in to assume leadership of Dark Order. 

Reveal hidden contents

082-B8-A19-F593-4-C06-B00-D-2-FB349-C56-

guys it's just a picture of @AxB and his large forearms

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Sorry, @HarryArchieGus already addressed this but just to jump on the point @Technico Support made re Cage. Yes, lack of charisma/presence is definitely a massive issue. But his in-ring is also a big part of him not being good. The argument isn’t that he’s bad because he does certain moves, it’s that he doesn’t seem to understand when/why to do stuff to make it meaningful. It’s moves for the the sake of moves. He feels like the perfect example of a guy that just doesn’t get ‘it’. Plus, a lot of his spots don’t look very good anyway, he’s managed to make the Steiner Screwdriver completely unimpressive.

I’m not sure whether you were being serious saying ‘guys are more talented and better now’. But there’s no way Brian Cage is better/more talented than Luger, Sid or whoever, because he does more moves.

Edited by Kev
Clumsy edit to get rid of me fucking up the quote function.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Can someone fill me in on Hook and the attention he is getting that I assume is ironic?

I know he is Taz’s kid. Did not expect him to look like a heroin chic male model. My gay friends who like wrestling are all huge fans of Jungle Boy (duh) but I can see Hook becoming their new crush.

Has he actually wrestled anywhere or done anything but look smug and pouty?

He was MJF's Gum Guy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

My AEW cut list or list of dudes that we could probably say goodbye to and not miss:

• Chaos Project
  • Shawn Dean

How dare you.

LOVE me some Captain, and absolutely ADORE Chaos Project. I was so, so sad I they didn't appear when they came to Houston.

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Luther being in character at that charity softball game with Pro Wrestling Tees is tremendous stuff. Serpentico with a really weak hit that gets caught, and is immediately bodyslammed and dragged off the diamond by Luther. Followed closely by Shawn Spears taking to the plate with a steel chair, and actually gaining a base from said chairshot.

This is where Sid's true legacy lies.

• Like 7

The thing is, making a dream cut list is a futile exercise. Because TK is such a magnanimous and kind human, I don't see him cutting anyone (exceptions for behavior (Havoc), travel issues, and health issues). Now, I can see someone not getting their contract renewed when they are up, but TK tends to surround himself with other good humans. Shawn Dean, QT, and Solow are especially good humans and aren't going anywhere, in my opinion. 

• Like 2

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
41 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I'm surprised that, in the discussion of Craig's cut list, nobody's stood up for Anthony Agogo. The guy has real star potential in my opinion.

He recently had another eye operation apparently.

58 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I'm surprised that, in the discussion of Craig's cut list, nobody's stood up for Anthony Agogo. The guy has real star potential in my opinion.

A shortish dude who is partially blind and is green at his age doesn't inspire much confidence. 

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

With the Universal tapings coming up, I think we’ll finally see that high profile talent from another promotion we’ve all been waiting for brought in to assume leadership of Dark Order. 

Reveal hidden contents

082-B8-A19-F593-4-C06-B00-D-2-FB349-C56-

I thought you were going for

Spoiler

img_20190630_2001221252222990489115449.j

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, hammerva said:

The biggest problem with Cage isn't his moves in the ring.  It is that he is just an emotional robot who can't cut a promo to save himself.   If anyone would have needed the Adam Cole manager idea it would be him

Also doesn't help that Cage is an anti-vaxxer which is fucking hilarious if you look at a picture of him from 4 years ago. 

Hell, if he's an anti-vaxxer, then I'd be fine with relegating him to Dark and letting him go when his contract expires.  He's a mediocre talent, injury-prone, anti-vaxx is a liability, and others can fill his spot a lot better.  Either way monster of the week is about his ceiling.

Cage should just go to AAA and take a mask/character.

Edited by alstein

10 hours ago, Dog said:

I thought you were going for

Hide contents

img_20190630_2001221252222990489115449.j

Who owns the rights to Wild Cat Willy anyway? I’m sure the WWE not using it after the sale, pretty much negates the ownership of that character. Time for TK to make him All Elite. But… With a Furry twist for the modern kink era. I’m thinking this Willy will show more flesh than ever before.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

13 hours ago, Kev said:

Sorry, @HarryArchieGus already addressed this but just to jump on it. Yes, lack of charisma/presence is definitely a massive issue. But his in-ring is also a big part of him not being good. The argument isn’t that he’s bad because he does certain moves, it’s that he doesn’t seem to understand when/why to do stuff to make it meaningful. It’s moves for the the sake of moves. He feels like the perfect example of a guy that just doesn’t get ‘it’. Plus, a lot of his spots don’t look very good anyway, he’s managed to make the Steiner Screwdriver completely unimpressive.

I’m not sure whether you were being serious saying ‘guys are more talented and better now’. But there’s no way Brian Cage is better/more talented than Luger, Sid or whoever, because he does more moves.

The quote you edited down was a quote I was responding to.  Not mine.  

1 hour ago, alstein said:

Hell, if he's an anti-vaxxer, then I'd be fine with relegating him to Dark and letting him go when his contract expires.  He's a mediocre talent, injury-prone, anti-vaxx is a liability, and others can fill his spot a lot better.  Either way monster of the week is about his ceiling.

Cage should just go to AAA and take a mask/character.

The Anti-Vaxx charge on Brian Cage has been laid down and now quoted, but is there proof of this?  

Edited by HarryArchieGus