DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

23 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Full Gear was initially announced for Chaifetz Arena in St. Louis, unless that has changed.

Full Gear has been moved from November 6th to November 13th besides of the Canelo fight and UFC event on the 6th. 

For somebody with 5 years experience on the indies, Lee Moriarty isn't just a slick technician but he's really good at the small things and filling the gaps between his techniques. Makes wrestling so much better when people at least pretend they're in a competitive, physical sport and sell stuff too. He has a tonne of potential. He and Garcia would be a sweet up-and-coming technician tag team but Lee is likable and Garcia seems like he's a better heel. 

edit: people on twitter asking why this diamante/swole match is on dark and not TV. We are seeing exactly why. Neither of these women are TV ready imo. really rough match. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

I'm gonna do my best not to think about AEW for a few minutes after this but Bucks and Cole dumping Omega for a debuting Kevin Steen early next year sure fucking sounds sweet to me. Rushmore 2.0 reunited in AEW and PWG. Do we get Super Dragon in AEW for a cup of coffee? He could fuck up Excalibur on national TV. Hairs on my arm standing at full attention thinking of Punk, Sami, Danielson & Omega vs. Bucks, Cole & Steen. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Log said:

If that ever happens, and Riho hits any offense, one of us will need to check on poor @just drew.

I find her getting in offense against Miro more palatable/believable than some of the things the EVP's have asked us to believe... ?

• Haha 1

Don't know if anybody mentioned it, but Penta said in the All Out post media scrum that he doesn't know if it would be a year or two years down the road but they would want to face the Young Bucks in a Hair vs. Mask match. Man, if we get two more years down the road and at All Out 2023 get that match with the Young Bucks winning and de-masking the Lucha Bros, that would be pretty epic. Long term story telling at its best.

• Like 1

I think a lot of the crowding in the main event and upper midcard will kind of take care of itself. Someone pointed it out elsewhere, but Kenny Omega has made noise about wanting to take a long break, if not retire. CM Punk is 43 and as much as he says he wants to be there every week, his matches should be attractions. Bryan is a guy I could see going part-time. Jericho's about done. Even when Page, Cole and Black slide into those spots at the tippy top, you still have TV every single week. There's no reason for AEW to have all of the top talent on every single show, and that creates more TV slots. Whoever said Big Swole was one of the folks who could be on the chopping block; GTFO. That's nonsense. 

One thing I'd like to see AEW focus on moving forward is developing and featuring more African American male talent. When Cedric Alexander's contract is up, go get him. Keep developing Shawn Dean. Keep Will Hobbs on the trajectory he's on. I don't think it's been done on purpose, but the lack of black male main eventers isn't a great look and has become a real subject of discourse on twitter. 

• Like 3

I hope they do more matches like the Diamante/Big Swole match on Dark.  That was pretty perfect in that it really advanced both wrestlers up the hierarchy.  Diamante leaned into the chain like a fucking KING.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

edit: people on twitter asking why this diamante/swole match is on dark and not TV. We are seeing exactly why. Neither of these women are TV ready imo. really rough match. 

Those people are idiots. I'd rather this match was on internet radio. I think Swole is a lot of fun, and hella nails her overall presentation character-wise. But she is a shitty pro wrestler. She seems to be improving, but she's still bad.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

Wyatt?

Wyatt to me brings value IMO only if:

1) he's brought in with Rowan and Strowman in a very expensive, legally distinct not-the-Wyatt Family

or

2) He does a layover in Impact or NJPW first and works out a new character, gaining some traction with it beforehand

Edit: to clarify, I don't love option one either, but you weigh it against the eyeballs it brings and it might not be terrible, though a huge bummer without Brodie

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath