DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Imagery

The Natural

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

That is probably my all-time favorite question and answer in a wrestling interview.  I honestly can't think of what #2 would be.

My favourite question and answer ever as well. For #2, I'd go with Arn Anderson. Raven #3.

Edited by The Natural

These last few gifs just illustrates one of my least favorite things about modern wrestling.  They've somehow made DDT a transitional move, when it looks more devastating than pretty much every modern finisher.  What is more likely to knock someone unconscious, a DDT or a Superman Punch?  The Big Ending?  The RKO?  None of them look like they'd put you out and put you out hard more than a DDT.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, supremebve said:

These last few gifs just illustrates one of my least favorite things about modern wrestling.  They've somehow made DDT a transitional move, when it looks more devastating than pretty much every modern finisher.  What is more likely to knock someone unconscious, a DDT or a Superman Punch?  The Big Ending?  The RKO?  None of them look like they'd put you out and put you out hard more than a DDT.

Yeah, it sucks how the DDT's gone down that route. My favourite DDT variant is the Double Arm DDT from Kenta Kobashi and Mick Foley.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 7:10 AM, Happ Hazzard said:

I don't remember what the situation was regarding Hawk being advertised for Fall Brawl but not appearing. I assume either a dispute over money or it conflicted with New Japan dates. They put together the Shockmaster as a poorly thought out replacement and had Animal there so there was still a Road Warrior appearing on the show. Hawk was in WCW sporadically at the end of '93 but he didn't really do anything of note. I think he was brought into fulfil Davey Boy Smith's bookings but then they brought in Ray Traylor to take Davey's spot longer term.

I think Hawk's last high profile match from that run was teaming with Sting vs the Nasty Boys for the tag titles at Starrcade 1993.

• Like 1