Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Discussion


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

speaking of a place name in the general area of Wales... The Isle of Man seems like it could have been a solid worked wrestler residence.

Wasn't Checkmate from World Class billed from The Isle of Man?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, AxB said:

My AEW name is Brian Jackson. 

These are all too sensible, they need reversing so the surname is first. Brian Jackson might be a real person, but Jackson Brian is absolutely an NXT "Superstar." Could believe Harwood Jefferies and Rabble Daniels, too.

EDIT: I quoted an AEW name because I am a fool. My point stands, keep the names backwards for NXT names.

Edited by DangerMark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2021 at 11:52 AM, supremebve said:

I'm a black dude who is of a roughly similar age as Big E, and joking about friends with bad haircuts has been a pretty regular part of my entire life. There is not a time in my life where any of my friends could have shown up with that haircut and not get roasted. It's just goofy looking, with hard lines, and it's also kind if a strange length.  It's to the point that it kind of looks like the barber started it and had to leave for some sort of an emergency.  I remember when Odell Beckham first came on the scene with that half blonde nonsense,  but at least that was faded and looked like it was a choice. Big E, literally looks like the phase of a haircut before the barber starts blending the lines,  except the barber just never got around to it. 

Going back to this, seeing Big E's hairstyle is a reminder that he's a child of West Indian immigrants who grew up in Florida so that haircut makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DangerMark said:

These are all too sensible, they need reversing so the surname is first. Brian Jackson might be a real person, but Jackson Brian is absolutely an NXT "Superstar." Could believe Harwood Jefferies and Rabble Daniels, too.

EDIT: I quoted an AEW name because I am a fool. My point stands, keep the names backwards for NXT names.

They already had a Brian, so they probably would got Jackson Brandon instead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

They already had a Brian, so they probably would got Jackson Brandon instead. 

"Running On Empty" Jackson Brandon!

No? Too esoteric?

James

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With all the AEW names talk, it seems a moot point as 99.9% of the roster uses their Indy / non-wwe gimmick & name anyway?

Will Hobbs becoming Powerhouse is the only one I can think of where there has even been a slight change to an existing name / gimmick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

With all the AEW names talk, it seems a moot point as 99.9% of the roster uses their Indy / non-wwe gimmick & name anyway?

Will Hobbs becoming Powerhouse is the only one I can think of where there has even been a slight change to an existing name / gimmick.

Well, Malakai Black.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last night was  a Bayou Independent Wrestling show in my town.

For years I heard the old school DVDVR guys talk  about Damien Wayne. Well last night he faced Vordell Walker. 

Before the doors opened I sat down and did a short interview with Mr Wayne.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Village People always remind me of one of my favorite stories about my grandfather: He was mostly a 40s/50s standards fan, but he had mix cassette tapes from the 70s he’d groove out to in his car that had a ton of Village People and stuff like CW McCall’s Convoy and the disco version of the Star Wars theme. One day he tells me he was just reading on the TV guide channel about the movie Can’t Stop the Music, which was described in the guide as, “A campy musical starring the suggestively gay disco group The Village People.” My grandfather, one of the savviest people I’ve ever met, book smart and street smart, looked at me slack jawed and asked, “The Village People were supposed to be gay?” 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...