Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Discussion


Recommended Posts

Rick Steiner's son, Bronson Rechsteiner. Previously announced as going to be using the name Rex Steiner, but changed to Bron Breakkkkker on the day, because they dread him jumping to AEW in a few years.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess, Rechsteiner sounds too much like Rex Steiner. They decided to change it so if he leaves he can't sow up somewhere as Rechsteiner (one word) that sounds exactly like Rex Steiner. Of coarse now if he leaves he can be Bron Steiner since Bron is his legal first name. Bron Steiner isn't similar enough to sound like Bron Breakker. But this is them over thinking themselves into a shoot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adam Cole was Vince's number one Wednesday Night Warrior. When NXT went on telly, the Undisputed Era was the top act there, and Adam Cole was the top guy in the group. By far the most charismatic guy in the group too.

And now Adam Cole from NXT is in AEW. With the same name, the same face, the same catchphrases. Because Vince doesn't own any of that. And it's not like they spent months burying him on the way out, either.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

Adam Cole was Vince's number one Wednesday Night Warrior. When NXT went on telly, the Undisputed Era was the top act there, and Adam Cole was the top guy in the group. By far the most charismatic guy in the group too.

And now Adam Cole from NXT is in AEW. With the same name, the same face, the same catchphrases. Because Vince doesn't own any of that. And it's not like they spent months burying him on the way out, either.

Now I'm imaging Vince trying to figure out a way to legally buy talent's faces (not just their likenesses),  Vince may not be able to stop guys from signing with AEW, but he can damn well make sure they go through a lot of painful plastic surgery before they get there.

Coming soon to WWE flims. Face/Off 3 (2's already in development).  In a shocking twist, it will be a documentary,

Edited by Eoae
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Now I'm imaging Vince trying to figure out a way to legally buy talent's faces (not just their likenesses),  Vince may not be able to stop guys from signing with AEW, but he can damn well make sure they go through a lot of painful plastic surgery before they get there.

Coming soon to WWE flims. Face/Off 3 (2's already in development).  In a shocking twist, it will be a documentary,

Please tell me its going to be Travolta and Nic Cage again.  Seriously, that is one of the most ridiculous ideas for a movie, the only thing that can make it more ridiculous is to do it all over again with the same actors 25 years later.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, supremebve said:

Please tell me its going to be Travolta and Nic Cage again.  Seriously, that is one of the most ridiculous ideas for a movie, the only thing that can make it more ridiculous is to do it all over again with the same actors 25 years later.

Maybe.  Face/Off 2 really has been greenlit (not from WWE films, though).  Godzilla vs. Kong director Adam Wingard is attached.  No cast has been announced, but Wingard was hinting earlier in the year that Cage and Travolta would be back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bron Steiner sounds like a recurring Sgt. Rock nemesis.

Rock: We have to raid this Grman brothel where the high command is gettin it wet. The problem is, Bron Steiner is in charge of security. Bulldozer, Icecream Soldier, Four Eyes... you're with me. You four guys who transferred in, come up with a plan on your own

4 Other Guys: You got it Rock

 

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Rick Steiner's son, Bronson Rechsteiner. Previously announced as going to be using the name Rex Steiner, but changed to Bron Breakkkkker on the day, because they dread him jumping to AEW in a few years.

and so they take measures to increase the odds of that happening by starting out with immediately fucking with him and yanking his chain at the last minute.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's possible that Vince doesn't see anything wrong with not calling him Steiner, because in Vince's mind the Steiner Brothers are not that big of a deal. They had legendary runs in WCW and New Japan, but their WWF run was kind of pedestrian. And Scott's great singles runs happened in WCW and Impact, in WWE he got sandbagged by Trips and was a low midcarder. So he might not think it's a glorious legacy to continue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding Steiner, as much as I fucking hate the name, and Bron Breakker is maybe the worst possible name, it's always clear they have little regard for what anybody does in NXT. I could easily see Bron getting called up within a year and them packaging him as Rex Steiner at that time.

EDIT: On second though, lol, no way they do that. That would be way to brilliant to do.

Edited by Craig H
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So they chose to let him have the IP of a good name and kept a bad one instead. Got it. 

Is there a general consensus on the worst WWE-name of all time? That is to say, either a renaming of an indy talent or a wholly original name for a debuting talent in the house style of First Name-Last Name (but with a bunch of unnecessary letters)? So for example, Mantaur is disqualified from this not only because it's a very cool name and gimmick.

After a while, you get used to them, but Dolph Ziggler and Braun Strowman were pretty roundly hated for a long time. Jaxson Ryker and now Bron Breakker have gotta be top contenders, too. Brooks Jensen is bad but only in a boring way. The women seem to have gotten off a lot easier, overall -- the only really awful name that leaps to mind (and is ancient at this point) is Kelly Kelly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, The Idiot King said:

Is there a general consensus on the worst WWE-name of all time? That is to say, either a renaming of an indy talent or a wholly original name for a debuting talent in the house style of First Name-Last Name (but with a bunch of unnecessary letters)? So for example, Mantaur is disqualified from this not only because it's a very cool name and gimmick.

After a while, you get used to them, but Dolph Ziggler and Braun Strowman were pretty roundly hated for a long time. Jaxson Ryker and now Bron Breakker have gotta be top contenders, too. Brooks Jensen is bad but only in a boring way. The women seem to have gotten off a lot easier, overall -- the only really awful name that leaps to mind (and is ancient at this point) is Kelly Kelly.

Oh lord, just realised that Bronn Brekker will just be “Brekker” when he gets that main roster call up.  Can’t have Bron when Braun has already been there!

Brooks Jensen is such a 80’s radio DJ name. “Welcome to 107.1 The Breeze, I’m Brooks Jensen and this is Toto with Africa”

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Oh lord, just realised that Bronn Brekker will just be “Brekker” when he gets that main roster call up.  Can’t have Bron when Braun has already been there!

Brooks Jensen is such a 80’s radio DJ name. “Welcome to 107.1 The Breeze, I’m Brooks Jensen and this is Toto with Africa”

If this is a low key diss on “Africa,” I will fight you and it will most definitely take a lot to drag me away from you.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...