DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

26 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Actually I heard Hunter originally had Cannavale’s role in The Station Agent when Jenny McCarthy and Verne Troyer were attached to costar. 

LOL holy shit.  Rebranding WWE Films as a bizarro mockbuster studio where they do thier own versions of arthouse films would be amazing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spontaneous said:

When I was a teenager I thought My Dinner with Andre was about Wallace Shawn meeting Andre the Giant for dinner. 

I was really bummed out when I finally saw it.

Maybe you were confusing it with that Freddie Blassie thing? Didn't somebody have a dinner with him as well, in some other movie, or something? I mean you obviously wouldn't confuse Andre with Blassie, but if you knew about one, then why couldn't there be two movies like that? Of course, whatever that Blassie thing was it may have come out decades later, so it's a moot point. So yeah, I guess nevermind, then.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

LOL holy shit.  Rebranding WWE Films as a bizarro mockbuster studio where they do thier own versions of arthouse films would be amazing. 

Fuck, I wish I knew photoshop so I could put Dominik Mysterio in the Boyhood poster.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Maybe you were confusing it with that Freddie Blassie thing? Didn't somebody have a dinner with him as well, in some other movie, or something? I mean you obviously wouldn't confuse Andre with Blassie, but if you knew about one, then why couldn't there be two movies like that? Of course, whatever that Blassie thing was it may have come out decades later, so it's a moot point. So yeah, I guess nevermind, then.

You know, I think this actually what lead to this. I saw Man on the Moon around the same time. So I feel slightly less stupid. 

I think my version of Dinner with Andre is better anyways. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spontaneous said:

You know, I think this actually what lead to this. I saw Man on the Moon around the same time. So I feel slightly less stupid. 

I think my version of Dinner with Andre is better anyways. 

Yeah, definitely. And probably better than Man on the Moon, as well!

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

WWE Films presents Manchester by the Sea, starring Dolph Ziggler and Nattie Neidhart

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And in other news my name has now been changed to Night Angelos.

*gets called up to main roster*

Correction, after this call up my name is now just Angelos.  Something about plans with LA Night or so I heard.

I'd be curious as to what my nxt name would be. There's no way a guy with a long, ethnic Greek name wouldn't get a name change.

• Like 3

I'm sure someone came up with a "Create your NXT name" formula somewhere. Like the first name is your Maternal Grandfather's first name, and the last name is "Think of an adjective you aspire to be like, then look in a thesaurus for a synonym for it, and pick the final result".

You create your AEW name by taking the first name of a random AEW wrestler, and then add the surname of another different AEW Wrestler.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spontaneous said:

I figured the NXT name-making process was more like Keyser Soze, just looking around the room at stuff. 

Inblot Red Bull has no idea what you're talking about.

My first name is fairly long and my last name is difficult to spell.

My NXT name would probably be "Bob".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

I'm sure someone came up with a "Create your NXT name" formula somewhere. Like the first name is your Maternal Grandfather's first name, and the last name is "Think of an adjective you aspire to be like, then look in a thesaurus for a synonym for it, and pick the final result".

You create your AEW name by taking the first name of a random AEW wrestler, and then add the surname of another different AEW Wrestler.

I'd be Daniel Rabble (shortened from Rabble-Rouser), based on this formula. That almost sounds like some shit Vince would come up with. 

1 hour ago, AxB said:

My NXT would pretty much be my shoot name. I’m named after my maternal grandad and my surname is a verb!  Suppose I could be Jim Fast.

My AEW name is Hook Page

Edited by Ultimo Necro