DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

Reportedly Vince McMahon is encouraging WWE NXT 2.0 towards edgier and newer content. Possible changes include altering in-ring styles towards more aggression, harsher language utilised in promos, more leniency for female attire, keeping up with current events and trends and topics.

WWE's final pay-per-view year is set as TLC is scheduled for Sunday, December 19th at a yet-to-be announced location.

PWInsider first reported the news. WWE currently has a Des Moines, Iowa, supershow listed for the 19th, but tickets have yet to go on sale.

WWE's calendar originally had a pay-per-view scheduled for Sunday, December 12th in Chicago at the Allstate Arena, but PWInsider said that is not listed internally.

In a bit of a shuffle, the Allstate Arena now has SmackDown on the schedule for Friday, December 17th but tickets have not gone on sale yet. WWE.com still has that show taking place in St. Paul, Minnesota.

However, St. Paul will instead get Raw on Monday, December 13th. That show was originally set for Green Bay, Wisconsin, which no longer lists any WWE events coming up.

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Reportedly Vince McMahon is encouraging WWE NXT 2.0 towards edgier and newer content. Possible changes include altering in-ring styles towards more aggression, harsher language utilised in promos, more leniency for female attire, keeping up with current events and trends and topics.

Kind of interesting. The aggressive aspects were kind of already there. The level just varied depending on the wrestler involved opposed to anything else. Finn and O'Reilly had one of the most brutal NXT matches ever when they wrestled, and WALTER matches are WALTER matches. The language was already noticeable last night with Bron's promo and the Chase U segment. I assume the woke heel stuff with Gacy is trying to keep up with current events. Funny how they managed to luck out and hit that with Grimes already when he took part in the Gamestop stock stuff.

• Like 1

Re: Gran Metallik:

WWE: "Despite record earnings, it's necessary that we make these releases as cost-saving measures."

Gran Metallik: "I'd like my release."

WWE: "Bahahahaha, fuck that noise, esse."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I like that Lince Dorado is apparently able to Jedi mind trick Vince into whatever.

"You're going to put me in a stable with Metalik and Kalisto."
"I'm going to put you in a stable with Metalik and Kalisto"

"I'd like out of this stable, boss."
"No fucking way, pal, whoever you are."
"You're going to let Kalisto out of this stable."
"I'm going to let Kalisto out of this stable."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

Oh no, after AEW the last few weeks, I’m all done hearing cursing in my wrestling.  Dynamite was a “piece of sh*t” fest last week.  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I’m all done hearing cursing in my wrestling.  Dynamite was a “piece of sh*t” fest last week.  

We found Danhausen's DVDVR account!

200.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Apparently Jeff Katz did an AMA and talked about how he was going to cast a wrestler to be Samuel L Jackson's sidekick in Snakes on a Plane, but one of the producers stopped it.

Spoiler

It was Triple H.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Apparently Jeff Katz did an AMA and talked about how he was going to cast a wrestler to be Samuel L Jackson's sidekick in Snakes on a Plane, but one of the producers stopped it.

Reveal hidden contents

It was Triple H.

I'm assuming it would have been the Fed that Bobby Cannavale played, the above could have pulled that off. I'm surprised a producer nixed that since the WWE would promote the hell out of a movie one of their "Superstars" were in, remember how hard they promoted that Highlander flick.

6 hours ago, AxB said:

Hide contents

It was Triple H.

your quoted was the wrestler to be cast, or the producer who stopped it?

The WWE Japan website is shutting down this week as of Friday, September 24. They will continue to serve content via the WWE Japan social media accounts. The contact point for WWE inquiries in Japanese will also cease.

Any future expansion in Japan or other countries will either be under the new WWE International division or under local NXT brands. I can't see them setting up more NXT Brands until what's left of the Covid era is done away with. If they do open up NXT Japan someday, it will be tailor-made for the Japanese market like NXT UK is for the UK.

WWE Japan was founded in 2008, before the Global NXT brands idea. 

Edited by D.Z

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

your quoted was the wrestler to be cast, or the producer who stopped it?

Wrestler in the cast. WWE was not involved in making the movie at all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Wrestler in the cast. WWE was not involved in making the movie at all.

thanks for clearing that up. i read it as they wanted to cast a wrestler, but WWE's Producer put the nix on it.  and the person mentioned left it *just* ambiguous enough.

14 hours ago, AxB said:

Reveal hidden contents

It was Triple H.

kinda excited for the version of SOAP where Triple H kills all the snakes by spitting water on them and hitting them with a sledgehammer

• Haha 1