DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

PWI is reporting that there will be a King of the Ring preview special that will air sometime the weekend of Oct 1 - Oct 3

It will air in different timeslots in different markets - sounds like one of those shows they use as filler when not showing a college game or NFL game

8 hours ago, zendragon said:

John Silver weighing in in an over coat and he's also suddenly over 6 feet tall

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

I was thinking more the coat falls off during the weigh ins revealing John Silver riding at atop 5's shoulders

make it Brodie Lee's entrance gear, and i'm 100% behind you in this.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Not to be that guy,  but Big E's terrible haircut is quite possibly the worst part of his entire presentation. 

If you could choose, what kind of hairdo SHOULD he have, if you wanted to make it at worst neutral and hopefully a good part of his presentation? Photoshopped example pics appreciated.

42 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

If you could choose, what kind of hairdo SHOULD he have, if you wanted to make it at worst neutral and hopefully a good part of his presentation? Photoshopped example pics appreciated.

I'm a black dude who is of a roughly similar age as Big E, and joking about friends with bad haircuts has been a pretty regular part of my entire life. There is not a time in my life where any of my friends could have shown up with that haircut and not get roasted. It's just goofy looking, with hard lines, and it's also kind if a strange length.  It's to the point that it kind of looks like the barber started it and had to leave for some sort of an emergency.  I remember when Odell Beckham first came on the scene with that half blonde nonsense,  but at least that was faded and looked like it was a choice. Big E, literally looks like the phase of a haircut before the barber starts blending the lines,  except the barber just never got around to it. 

• Like 2

On 9/21/2021 at 11:26 AM, RIPPA said:

Since I think it was posted here when it was first announced - here is the trailer for that Undertaker/New Day interactive movie that Netflix is doing

“Uh oh…looks like Undertaker found your belongings and is going to shit and piss all over them” 

• Haha 4

WWE notes:

Gran Metalik has asked WWE for his release.

Few other Superstars may not renew their contracts, some talent could not be courted to re-sign as well.

Around 200 plus wrestlers in WWE, the number greatly shrinked downwards from 300 plus.

Edited by D.Z

14 minutes ago, D.Z said:

WWE notes:

Gran Metalik has asked WWE for his release.

Few other Superstars may not renew their contracts, some talent could not be courted to re-sign as well.

Around 200 plus wrestlers in WWE, the number greatly shrinked downwards from 300 plus.

I'm legit surprised he still works there.  Hasn't there been reports of him being unhappy for years now? They clearly don't value him as a performer, how'd he not get released during the multiple purges?

36 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'm legit surprised he still works there.  Hasn't there been reports of him being unhappy for years now? They clearly don't value him as a performer, how'd he not get released during the multiple purges?

I am not sure about that.

I seemed to remember something, maybe prior to the purge that included Kallisto, that Metalik was making far more money in the WWE then he would in Mexico (especially since the pandemic hit) and he was happy to ride out his contract. But again - that was another lifetime ago

Here we go

Despite being unused by WWE in recent months, which ultimately played a contributing role in his release from the company last week, it was Kalisto himself that asked to be separated from the Lucha House Party according to new reports. 

Dave Meltzer, writing in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, notes that The Lucha House Party was initially Lince Dorado's idea, as a way for the trio of Mexican superstars to make some merchandise money. It was pitched to Vince McMahon, who signed off on the concept of Dorado, Gran Metalik and Kalisto becoming a stable.

Gran Metalik was happy to back up Dorado and earn more money within the promotion, but Meltzer says Kalisto gradually grew unhappy with being involved in a faction that struggled to get booked, often being used in pre-show matches. 

The former Cruiserweight Champion asked to be removed from Lucha House Party a number of times, only to be told no by WWE officials. However, Dorado then got sign-off on Kalisto leaving the group and turning Lucha House Party into a tag-team, because of how much Kalisto did not want to be involved.