DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

Am I the only one who did not think Ospreay was teasing Chris Hero?  Never even occurred to me, so I feel like Hero's kind of being an ass about the whole thing.  Does Chris Hero have some connection to Will Ospreay or New Japan that I am blanking on?

• Like 2

More than likely, Hero is getting spammed by idiotic Ospreay fans who think it's going to be him, and that's why he's so pissed off about it.

It's probably just going to be Marty Scurll though. He said Hero, so clearly that means The Villain.

I wanna think Hero DM’d Ospreay to ask what he was doing with the tweets.

Also the thing about Ospreay’s teases, is that he’s used “Monster”, “Buddy”, and “Hero” to advertise the mystery partner. He’s also claimed the person is Australian. Unless this is accurate to the revealed individual, then he’s throwing out a bunch of random teases to gain interest. 

But then, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was Hero jumping the gun a bit. He’s always been a little too reactionary to things, like when he’s get into it with hecklers.

I know one thing. Neither is backing down. It’s like a game of chicken between people on Twitter.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Tommy Dreamer has issued an apology: 

“It was never my intention to offend, hurt, or victim shame anyone. I understand my comments were insensitiveand could trigger emotions in someone's own personal past—as here’s a drive into deep left field by Castellanos, it will be a home run, and so that’ll make it a 4–nothing ballgame.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't think it's going to be an angle that plays out but I can see, potentially, that this is how we get to Punk vs Cole between now and December if Punk takes up for Schiavone 

Not fantasy booking, just thinking aloud how this would lead to a Cole match vs  whoever might stick up for Tony

AEW announced a partnership with the Owen Hart foundation. So they'll be making official Owen Hart merch, action figures, and he'll be in the videogames. And they're doing an annual Owen Hart tournament where the winner gets a trophy called The Owen.

In other news, Davey Boy Smith jr signed with WWE last month but hasn't been assigned to a brand yet. Or sent to the PC either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The Lundys must have the most fucked up genetics. I wonder what Arn's relatives look like. In my head it's like that episode from the final season of Parks and Rec where you see all of Ron Swanson's brothers and they all basically look the same.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The Lundys must have the most fucked up genetics. I wonder what Arn's relatives look like. In my head it's like that episode from the final season of Parks and Rec where you see all of Ron Swanson's brothers and they all basically look the same.

Or the Boyles in Brooklyn Nine Nine lol

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 12:57 PM, Craig H said:

It's probably Hurricane Helms.

At this point in his career, would many people be excited about Chris Hero as a mystery partner.  Dude was in a lot of matches, angles, & feuds I liked during the 2000's, but his last prominent run was probably his Kings of Wrestling tag team with Claudio (tiny trunks edition, after they both thankfully lost their supply of baggy transhbag pants).

Claudio signed with WWE in 2011 and Hero has been basically invisible since.  Almost literally, since he signed with WWE and spent most of that time off tv.  Ten years is a long time to be gone from the indy scene. I kinda wonder how well fans going to indie shows this year remember him.

I feel like Hero showing up as Ospreay's partner would be the indie equivalent of Savio Vega.

I'm hoping it's Murphy.  i don't dislike Ospreay near as much as some of you.  An Ospreay/Murphy team would be fun.

On 9/19/2021 at 1:35 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I wanna think Hero DM’d Ospreay to ask what he was doing with the tweets.

Also the thing about Ospreay’s teases, is that he’s used “Monster”, “Buddy”, and “Hero” to advertise the mystery partner. He’s also claimed the person is Australian. Unless this is accurate to the revealed individual, then he’s throwing out a bunch of random teases to gain interest. 

Sounds like the artist fka Bronson Reed

According to Twitter (with a supporting video), Keith Lee was announced was Keith "BEARCAT" Lee tonight.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK.

Did they hire Bill Watts as the new nickname consultant?

Edit: here's the video

Edited by Infinit
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1