DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

From Today in the WWE freaking out over one rating that everyone but them saw coming

As Meltzer said today - they are loading up RAW tonight to be "PPV quality" (the #1 reason they moved Lashley/Orton to tonight)

And to add to it - they had Big E tweet that he is going to cash in MITB tonight

Except for young up and comer Randall Orton challenging for the title, that is very much not the card I'd book if I'm desperate for ratings and looking to put together a "PPV quality" card.  Is anyone excited about Shayna doing anything at this point?  Seems fairly obvious Charlotte will beat her in some fashion and the match will mostly serve for Nia to dish out a beating or as a way to further the Nia/Shayna breakup angle.

Big E teasing a cash-in seems to suggest that he's not cashing in or that he's not going to be successful.  A New Day turn on him would probably be a terrible idea, but New Day are pretty stale at this point, so something needs to happen.

Hopefully, I'm not the sort of viewer Vince is hoping to lure in tonight.  I probably won't read about the show until sometime tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, D.Z said:

WWE will return to UK, September 19 in Newcastle, September 20 in London, September 21 in Cardiff and September 22 in Glasgow.

What year? Are they running a UK Tour on six day's notice?

6 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Big E teasing a cash-in seems to suggest that he's not cashing in or that he's not going to be successful.

Seriously. He may be successful. But after playing the fake cash-in card so many times, it's hard to muster any enthusiasm.

If this is the best they've got, what's next week? Legends night? Another draft? I wonder how bad things get before people need to talk Vince out of giving his friend Donald a call...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

What year? Are they running a UK Tour on six day's notice?

They didn't just announce it

I posted the lineups... sometime... it is somewhere early in this thread.

Since they are mostly SDL shows with Drew McInytre and a couple others moving over. And Roman Reigns and the Usos are supposed to work RAW house shows since they aren't going on the trip.

I love when wrestling media goes full Frank Grimes on WWE.  

”ah ol’ WWE’s okay give it a break”

”no it is not okay, and I want everyone on the Internet to realize it.  I would die a happy man if I could prove to you that Vince McMahon has the IQ of a 6 year old child!!!“

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The worrying thing is since its RAW - I could easily see Vince having Woods and Kofi turning on Big E and costing him the cash in (if it actually happens)

E to raw wins the title and we get this:

I'm fine with blood money being renamed big meaty men bumping meat as a ppv name.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

E to raw wins the title and we get this:

I'm fine with blood money being renamed big meaty men bumping meat as a ppv name.

Only if we get to watch the ground breaking of the William Goldberg Butt Condominium Plaza.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per other sites reposting Fightful's stuff

Gargano's deal is up Dec 3, 2021

The WWE has always know when it is up

Plans on negotiating with him "This Fall"

Negotiations for what? A spot as Nia Jax's personal seamstress who has to drop his first name because they don't want him to be confused with John Cena?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like Johnny gargano, but I don't want him in AEW. TK needs to be like, sorry, door's closed. 

EDIT: Unless you're Io, Asuka, Bayley, and maybe a couple other women. 

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 5

I think Gargano would be better suited to go to Impact where he could be a bigger fish. I don't know what his future will be in WWE if he stays and there are the changes to NXT, I don't seem him as having a lot of success on the main roster. Especially with HHH out of favor it seems. AEW doesn't really have a spot for him, unless he wants to be a solid mid to upper card hand.

• Like 1