DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

From Today in the WWE freaking out over one rating that everyone but them saw coming

As Meltzer said today - they are loading up RAW tonight to be "PPV quality" (the #1 reason they moved Lashley/Orton to tonight)

And to add to it - they had Big E tweet that he is going to cash in MITB tonight

• Haha 4

This is everything the WWE has announced for tonight

• WWE Champion Bobby Lashley defends against Randy Orton
  • Non-title match: Raw Women's Champion Charlotte Flair vs. Shayna Baszler
  • Damian Priest will issue a United States Championship open challenge
  • Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Mustafa Ali & Mansoor vs. AJ Styles, Omos, Mace & T-Bar
  • Rhea Ripley vs. Natalya

And then you have Big E's tease

So after weeks of teasing Big E and Reigns he is cashing in on Bobby Lashley or Randy Orton (which doubles down on stupidity)  ?   Or is Roman going to be on RAW?  

Reeks of desperation but at this point I think they are in that time.  Especially with Monday Night Football starting tonight

Edited by hammerva

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

As Meltzer said today - they are loading up RAW tonight to be "PPV quality" 

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

This is everything the WWE has announced for tonight

• WWE Champion Bobby Lashley defends against Randy Orton
  • Non-title match: Raw Women's Champion Charlotte Flair vs. Shayna Baszler
  • Damian Priest will issue a United States Championship open challenge
  • Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Mustafa Ali & Mansoor vs. AJ Styles, Omos, Mace & T-Bar
  • Rhea Ripley vs. Natalya

And then you have Big E's tease

I didn't realize things had gotten that bad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Dave also was saying he wouldn't be shocked at Orton winning the title

I really don't want to go back and listen but it was something like "When Vince panics - he will put the title on Orton." Something like Randy Orton is the perfect guy for who Vince things should be champ.

God Dammit I am gonna have to relisten

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The worrying thing is since its RAW - I could easily see Vince having Woods and Kofi turning on Big E and costing him the cash in (if it actually happens)

They haven't done enough to bury UUDD lately that they would break up New Day? 

Adam Cole vs. Frankie Kazarian is one of the least interesting sounding matches for Cole's AEW debut, but it sounds 1000x more interesting than Orton vs. Lashley.

At least the former only has one guy that was getting a national tv push in 2006.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oooooh Raiders Vs. Ravens

I mean if this isn't about Monday Night Football then what in the world is the general purpose.  Are they so desperate that they are going to try to compare the ratings of Monday to a show run on Wednesday in AEW?    How does that prove anything

Edited by hammerva

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I mean if this isn't about Monday Night Football then what is the world is the general purpose.  Are they so desperate that they are going to try to compare the ratings of Monday to a show run on Wednesday in AEW?    How does that prove anything

Publically traded companies are as valuable as they are perceived to be. Owning shares in the undisputably number one company in it's field is good. If that company finds it's monopoly threatened or weakening, it is perceived to be losing market value. Which means it actually will lose market value in the real world, because advanced capitalism is a carney business.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I mean if this isn't about Monday Night Football then what in the world is the general purpose.  Are they so desperate that they are going to try to compare the ratings of Monday to a show run on Wednesday in AEW?    How does that prove anything

Yes they are - Meltzer flat out said this is all in reaction to the AEW rating. Basically his logic is "Ratings came out on Thursday. They made all the changes on Friday prior to SDL at MSG so they could promote it"

Funnily Dave and Bryan even jokingly were like "Do you think they even remembered football was starting on Monday?"

WWE will return to UK, September 19 in Newcastle, September 20 in London, September 21 in Cardiff and September 22 in Glasgow.

The NU-NXT debuts tomorrow, so don't forget to wear your fancy suit and watch it tomorrow.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

From Today in the WWE freaking out over one rating that everyone but them saw coming

As Meltzer said today - they are loading up RAW tonight to be "PPV quality" (the #1 reason they moved Lashley/Orton to tonight)

And to add to it - they had Big E tweet that he is going to cash in MITB tonight

Except for young up and comer Randall Orton challenging for the title, that is very much not the card I'd book if I'm desperate for ratings and looking to put together a "PPV quality" card.  Is anyone excited about Shayna doing anything at this point?  Seems fairly obvious Charlotte will beat her in some fashion and the match will mostly serve for Nia to dish out a beating or as a way to further the Nia/Shayna breakup angle.

Big E teasing a cash-in seems to suggest that he's not cashing in or that he's not going to be successful.  A New Day turn on him would probably be a terrible idea, but New Day are pretty stale at this point, so something needs to happen.

Hopefully, I'm not the sort of viewer Vince is hoping to lure in tonight.  I probably won't read about the show until sometime tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, D.Z said:

WWE will return to UK, September 19 in Newcastle, September 20 in London, September 21 in Cardiff and September 22 in Glasgow.

What year? Are they running a UK Tour on six day's notice?