DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

This weekend sees AEW All Out III, a stacked card. CM Punk has his first match in seven years vs. Darby Allin, will Bryan Danielson debut there? I say Yes! NJPW G1 Climax 31 starts later than ever this month. Not sure if it will to be honest with coronavirus cases there. WWE's PPV offering is Extreme Rules near the end of the month. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to September 2021 Wrestling Discussion
2 minutes ago, D.Z said:

WWE filed trademark for "Queens Crown Tournament", probably could be shortened to Queens Crown. I guess they could give Liv or Carmella the queen gimmick for gimmicky reasons.

Charlotte's going to be pissed ?.

10 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Seems Wrestlemania 2022 will be split into two, Saturday, April 2, and Sunday April 3. And both shows will allow full capacity.

Nice to see this happen again. Hopefully it becomes how they run Wrestlemania from now on.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Nice to see this happen again. Hopefully it becomes how they run Wrestlemania from now on.

I read something from last year that it was Triple H who wants WWE to keep doing the split WM's.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 2

Reportably the new NXT will be produced by both Vince and Bruce. Expect new colors and lighting to get away from the dark look. I don't think NXT UK is effected by this but we will see, unknown about 205.

So mark Sept 14 on the calender for the new ECWWENXT. Hooray.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

It's not like I watch much main WWE Product outside of PPVS anyways, but I would still on occasion watch NXT.

I'm guessing I will at least take a hiatus from all WWE programming for a bit because the Vince/Bruce project is currently not working on RAW or Smackdown for things not involving The Head of the Table.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

Reportably the new NXT will be produced by both Vince and Bruce. Expect new colors and lighting to get away from the dark look. I don't think NXT UK is effected by this but we will see, unknown about 205.

Vince and Bruce producing? Well that's reassuring! Oof.

• Haha 2

Right now Triple H and the others still have their own roles within NXT. Could expect more synergy with the top brands besides just producing, maybe they will change the yellow ropes to rainbow splattered ropes and black mat to white or light gey or light blue. Who knows yet.

I will just mention this here since they was a lot of speculation back in one of the Purge threads

Braun Strowman will have his first post-WWE match (using his real name of Adam Scherr)

He will be wrestling EC3 on EC3's vanity product - this one being Free the Narrative 2. It releases on Oct 1 on Vimeo

It really comes across as doing a favor for a good friend than him really getting back into wrestling

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D.Z said:

Holy shit.  When NXT was moved to USA, Alvarez said something like, this is the the beginning of the end of the NXT that we knew.  That was more prophetic than he probably thought at the time.  And this?  This is throwing the last bit of dirt on the grave.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2