DVDVR Message Board

NXTuesday - 8/31/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Sarray/Mandy started off but improved as it went on. Not sure about the finish though its nice to see Mandy, Sarray, & Dolin finally doing something story wise.

What I caught of O'Reilly/Hudson looked solid. I liked the finish.

I have no idea who Drake's new partner is, but I like the dynamic. 

Raquel/Kamea was a nice little showcase for Kamea.

Strong/Jiro was fun while it lasted. Did think that hip toss into the stairs was maybe a bit much for a match like this, poo poor Jiro. 

Ciampa/Holland wads good. Surprised Ciampa won.

Looking forward to the tag titles matches next week. 

I think one of the things that hasn't come up in discussions of NXT shifting to a less experienced roster is how bad the 2 hour format is for that type of show. Duke Hudson vs. KOR was a prime example of a match that did not need to go 10+ minutes. Good start, great finish, but went deep into the main roster rest-hold style for most of the match and didn't help anyone. KOR shouldn't be taking that much offense from a rookie, and and Hudson doesn't look any better for not putting an injured guy down with 10 minutes of offense.

Roddy/Jiro could've been cut down too. Quick Jiro flurry up front, step spot, end of heartache, done.

Ciampa/Holland was good, mainly because they were smart about protecting Tomasso.

Show was fine overall, but you can see the tide turning, and with news of Vince being directly involved soon, I'm not sure how much longer it can hold.

Good episode again this week. Using the veterans against the up and comers instead of each other sounds like the most sensible thing and I'm all for it. I haven't seen the main event yet, but that is another example of this.

Since the Takeover thread is locked, I'll just mention here that I'll go over to my friend's place today and we'll watch WALTER-Dragunov II. I thought I'd throw in WALTER-Ciampa and Dragunov-Dunne before that to set up the mood.