DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Bait & Switch - 8/30/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Well, Sheamus didn't fight Lashley.   But we did get a pretty neat three way for the US Title which really felt like a goodbye for Drew.  

And then we realized we're getting Orton-Lashley (and AJ?) 

But...  I can't stop thinking about this:

E-FjNH8XIAEtBx5?format=jpg&name=large

Nia will catch most of the grief for that match because everybody decided they hated her years ago (and she does indeed stink), but I feel like it’s time to stop looking past the fact that Charlotte has, in fact, been pretty shitty ever since coming back from sabbatical last year, and she is fairly regularly involved in “bowling shoe ugly” matches like this one these days, regardless of opponent.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Charlotte/Nia was fine in some parts, but at others you could clearly see they were getting annoyed with each other and uncooperative leading to some pretty WTF and ugly moments.

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

Nia will catch most of the grief for that match because everybody decided they hated her years ago (and she does indeed stink), but I feel like it’s time to stop looking past the fact that Charlotte has, in fact, been pretty shitty ever since coming back from sabbatical last year, and she is fairly regularly involved in “bowling shoe ugly” matches like this one these days, regardless of opponent.

Except its not been anything that has looked that bad, and she has mostly looked good the past few months. FFS at some points it was rather clear Nia didn't want do shit. 

What I caught of the 3-way looked good. That said, no one involved is really garnering my interest at the moment despite liking all three well enough.

Man, if I were one of Charlotte's co-workers, I wouldn't be in any hurry to make her look any better than the repetitive and out of touch booking already dictated. Someone said it above me, but she's sucked out loud since she came back. I'm SOOOOO glad they cut Nikki ASH off at the knees so we can get another interminable, monotonous title reign from the most overpushed WWE employee of the last 20 years. I mean, Nia sucks too, but it can't be much fun to be constantly told your career welfare doesn't matter so long as Shoehorn Charlotte continues to look unstoppable...

• Like 5

I saw some clips of Charlotte/Nia on Twitter. It looked AWESOME from what I saw. Charlotte shouldn't have slapped Nia because she took it as disrespect. 

I would love to see those two reckless dopes slap the shit out of each other and perform wild reckless head-drops on one another for fifteen minutes. Sign me up for that shit. That's the first match WWE could show me in years that I'd be hyped for.

It reminded me a bit of Vader straight coldcocking Ken Shamrock for being too stiff mixed with a bit of "should we fuck each other up frfr" body language like John Tenta throwing defensive kicks at Koji Kitao. I loved what I saw on Twitter. More please.

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia
Fixed because I shouldn't try to make late night posts; thanks Wyld Samurai!
  • Like 4

FWIW I liked the bits of Nia/Charlotte from before the commercial break, Flair actually worked the match like she was against a much larger opponent and had to wrestle around that handicap as opposed to just working the same routine regardless of context. The after commercial break parts... slightly less good.

Also last week they had Alexa interrupt Charlotte to set her up as the likely next challenger. This week she wasn't even mentioned, when they mentioned Charlotte offering a challenge last week they cut to Nia's comments this week and Nia sure laid out three people to heat her up as a title challenger. That's rather odd and it makes me wonder what's up with Alexa.

40 minutes ago, just drew said:

Man, if I were one of Charlotte's co-workers, I wouldn't be in any hurry to make her look any better than the repetitive and out of touch booking already dictated. Someone said it above me, but she's sucked out loud since she came back. I'm SOOOOO glad they cut Nikki ASH off at the knees so we can get another interminable, monotonous title reign from the most overpushed WWE employee of the last 20 years. I mean, Nia sucks too, but it can't be much fun to be constantly told your career welfare doesn't matter so long as Shoehorn Charlotte continues to look unstoppable...

Nia Jax almost spiked Charlotte on her head and you're really in here halfway defending that, because of... booking, Charlotte being "overpushed", and uh, I guess supposedly Nia being told her career doesn't matter because Charlotte is around? What the hell are you even on about? Your hate boner for certain wrestlers is weird, dude.

Nia is so fucking bad. I'm up feeding this kid at 3am and came across clips of the match and it's like, holy shit, how can anyone defend this garbage?

Nia has been just completely terrible for years, but let's go ahead and cut Dori and others because we have Nia.

And it's not like Charlotte helped matters. Both of them looked fucking stupid trying to throw live rounds at each other.