DVDVR Message Board

Because I'm Happy - SDL - 8/27/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Becky back as a heel is fine though she will probably end up cheered half the time if not more. It is good that the crowd likes Bianca and Liv. Hopefully Liv gets so more build instead of disappearing again. The elimination 4-way was decent. Dug the Bianca vs. Liv portion a good deal.

Happy Corbin is ok. I'm going to miss Corbin as a miserable bastard though it had to end at some point I suppose. 

They definitely seem to be setting up Dominick to turn on Rey. I think he is ok, but he feels far from ready to be on his own. Hopefully they have someone their to guide him down the dark path if he turns heel.

Good to see Naomi back. Hopefully the setup they did here leads to something good for her.

I like how afraid Heyman was that he was on the outs with Roman. Glad to see Finn back trying to get a title match. Really hope Finn gets a PPV challenge and not just a random Smackdown. Still should be good regardless whenever it goes down. Was nice to see the Street Profits show up. Them vs. Usos for the tag titles will be nice to see.

Pretty decent episode overall. Was the women's 4 way an elimination or did Liv and Zelina just disappear in the second half? The match was good overall though it was mainly a showcase for Bianca. Speaking of Liv, what is her gimmick supposed to be exactly? The eyes on her gear are kinda odd. Bianca's going to win the belt back eventually, I guess it's a question of waiting till Survivor Series or holding off even longer.

is Naomi going to be Sonya's first program in her in-ring return?

With the reversal of fortune, Corbin is now basically Cameron Grimes? Only I actually have a desire to see Grimes on tv/in the ring.

I was stoked for Gable/Cesaro when I saw it announced, so of course we only get a few minutes of it before the run-in. I'm still enjoying the Alpha Academy though.

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

They definitely seem to be setting up Dominick to turn on Rey. I think he is ok, but he feels far from ready to be on his own. Hopefully they have someone their to guide him down the dark path if he turns heel.

I'm thinking they build it to a  father/son match at Wrestlemania. More power to Dominick if he wants to be a wrestler, and there are few better people to learn from than Rey, but he's still green as fuck.

5 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Was the women's 4 way an elimination or did Liv and Zelina just disappear in the second half?

Elimination

5 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

More power to Dominick if he wants to be a wrestler, and there are few better people to learn from than Rey, but he's still green as fuck.

This feels like a overstatement. I have seen plenty who didn't look half as decent Dominick with similar experience. Why is it some here are so harsh on him?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Elimination

This feels like a overstatement. I have seen plenty who didn't look half as decent Dominick with similar experience. Why is it some here are so harsh on him?

Terrible feud with Seth?  The assumption he wouldn't be on tv if he wasn't Rey's son?  The weirdness of watching a guy taller and slower than Rey do a middling Rey tribute act?  He's possibly getting more hate than he deserves, but they're making him an easy target for criticism by over-pushing him so hard.  Vince would probably have pumped the breaks on his push a good while ago it wasn't for Rey.

He's not the worst person on the roster, but he's seems to lack Rey's charisma and mic skills.  He does a couple decent spots (the floor slide sunset flip powerbomb usually looks good), but, on the whole, is really green in the ring and I'm skeptical he ever gets over doing a Rey karaoke act.  I don't hate him, but I find Rey/Dom segments easy to skip.  I am curious about where the angle goes from here because it definitely seems like he needs to team up with a mentor if he's going to split from Rey.  Seth?  Gable?  I don't particularly want him in Alpha Academy. 

Watched the show this morning, but fast-forwarded through large chunks.  Belair's opponents in a #1 contender's match being Vega, Carmella, and Liv really pointed out how much they miss Sasha and Bayley.  Rest of the show seemed blah to me.

First half hour kind of dragged but other than I really liked this show.

Happy Corbin is ridiculous, kind of reminds me when Bradshaw made the jump to JBL.

Quite like the Rey / Dominic story.  Putting Dominic in with Sami is a great idea.  Thought they had a good match.  and I’d like to see more.  If Chavo and Vickie weren’t in AEW I’ve a feeling we might have gotten “your not my real Father, Eddie is” and a Dominic heel turn.

It's so dumb that they're already thinking about a Mysterio family breakup. Wayyyyy too early. Let the kid learn and grow....I can't see him being much as a heel right now. 

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

It's so dumb that they're already thinking about a Mysterio family breakup. Wayyyyy too early. Let the kid learn and grow....I can't see him being much as a heel right now. 

Maybe Dominic can wear the devil horns.

• Haha 1