DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/25/2021

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

With the benefit of hindsight, I'd have probably had Black go over Cody a second time tonight in a slightly more competitive match, and then had Cody cut basically the same promo as Jericho did tonight in a few weeks. 

Cody will get his win back over Black & Jericho gets his win over MJF. Book it.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, A_K said:

Cody will get his win back over Black & Jericho gets his win over MJF. Book it.

Cody you're probably right about, but I think we get MJF winning again. I feel like the overarching goal is to somehow get Sammy involved, so maybe he's part of the finish

50 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Laid her shit in and not in a dangerous way. I'm stoked for her to quickly climb the ranks. 

Still concerned for what is going to happen to any babyface working Britt for the foreseeable future though. They have to work heel and lose by default really. Awful position for them to be in. 

I think Rosa or Tay would be the face against Britt.  Just those two though.  At worst it would be 50/50.  Rosa and Tay are very over.

• Like 1

So, Zolph Diggler brought in a chair to then not use it correctly. Malakai brought it in to then drop it. 

And it was not CODY to be the first to block Malakais finisher. 

That non reaction to the big safe was hilarious though. The music played, not even Malakai Black reacted to it. 

3 minutes ago, alstein said:

I think Rosa or Tay would be the face against Britt.  Just those two though.  At worst it would be 50/50.  Rosa and Tay are very over.

I also think Thunder Rosa and Tay Conti. Possibly Serena Deeb also.

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Possibly Serena Deeb also

She's clearly a heel right now and no way does she have more support than Baker. I think Rosa may even be a stretch. Tay because she's bubbly maybe. 

• Like 1

Weird booking tonight. Putting an obvious squash match in the main event slot so they can build to another obvious squash match. Putting Mox, Darby and Kingston in a random trios so they can build up a feud that has jack shit to do with All Out. Having Miro cut another promo on Kingston with no response.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Happy Santana/Ortiz vs FTR is getting the chance to be the feature match on a show rather than risking them being overshadowed elsewhere. Hoping for the best for all involved. 

You beat me to it. Already looking forward to that match. We need more #FTR tag team matches.

• Like 2

Another workrate episode, so I dug it.  Last half hour was hilarious.  "Look!  We signed all these guys!  We gotta use them!"  I agree that the best part of the evening was Hayter taking those dives.  Jesus Christ, she's tough.  Second best thing was Red Velvet's bump into the barrier.

• Like 2

Fuck it, call an audible and ride the hot hand. Page can wait. This is the era of COLTEN GUNN, unified World and TNT champion. He can have a nice little belt like the Ibushi IWGP one. Let's go. Lee Johnson his big rival. 

• Like 4

I'm sorry to be negative, but I just can't watch Red Velvet without thinking at some point in every match that she is going to injure herself or her opponent with her green bullshit. I hope the experiment ends soon. Everything she is perceived to bring to the table can be accomplished with Kiera Hogan. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I recall enjoying the Dan Lambert experience for what I saw from him during the period of time when MLW was trying to ignore the existence of the Coronavirus. Sure, he's a not-subtle Cornette while kinda looking like a post-perm Dave Meltzer.

Wait, he did that in MLW, too?! I remember him doing it in TNA. Did not know that this was his third company!

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Red Velvet is quickly becoming a good hand.  Great bumping and selling from her lately and some decent offense.  She's still green in some areas but she has a bright future.  i think she will hold that title one day. 

I actually thought she looked genuinely dangerous tonight...but not in a good way. That standing moonsault where she landed on her own head and they seemed to rush the ending out of it was scary. Then when Hayter lariated her, I honestly thought she was unconscious from the aforementioned moonsault...

• Like 2