DVDVR Message Board

Drip Too Hard :( - Raw - 8/23/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I don't feel like the entrance attire was as big a deal as people are making it out to be.  They'll experiment with ti, it hopefully won't sell, it will go away quickly.  Easy peasy.  Bigger issue is why they're mucking with Kross' entrance when that was probably the part of the package that least needed tweaked.  I thought the entrance with Scarlet was main-event ready and would at least get fans paying attention to him.  Weird that they dropped Scarlet from the act.  I don't think she was at Takeover either, was she?

I am amused by the idea that WWE concession stands are going to sell faux-leather fetish masks to....kids?  Perverts?  Perverted kids?  If they're going after the pervert demographic, fake locks of Scarlet's hair would probably sell better.

• Haha 3

Scarlet would have Mero'd Kross like Sable they think. 

Ratings news

WWE Raw last night on USA Network was watched by 2,067,000 viewers on average, the most since the January 4 “Legends Night” episode.

Edited by D.Z

11 hours ago, D.Z said:

Scarlet would have Mero'd Kross like Sable they think. 

Ratings news

WWE Raw last night on USA Network was watched by 2,067,000 viewers on average, the most since the January 4 “Legends Night” episode.

Wow, CM Punk is moving the needle for the WWE too.

• Haha 1

i didn't watch Raw, but seeing Kross' gear brought me here. 

i can't speak to how well it fits the man, or the character, but i don't really see much wrong with the outfit. you DO need to stand out. you DO want to sell merch. This has certainly garnered attention, for better or for worse. If Demolition debuted today wearing their same outfits that they did, they would be told that it would kill their careers too. Calling this out as a rehash of the Demos is fair play (and i did quite enjoy the WCW/NWO Revenge "Executioner" side-by-side from @For Great Justice), but i think the piling on is a bit much.  Is it a great outfit? no. But it's fine.

I think the chest straps would look ok if they were black.  Mask too, I guess. I’m not sure either enhances Kross’ look or makes him stand out more.

Kross is A big, mean-looking guy with a lot of distinctive tattoos.  If he and creative can’t fighter out how to make that work for him, he’s in the wrong line of work.