DVDVR Message Board

AEW Rampage: The First Dance - 8/20/21

I'm glad Punk mentioned him name dropping Britt in that scrum. I absolutely noticed that and even said as much in the discord call I was in - he put Britt Baker over in the first sentence of his promo.

Talk about class.

• Like 5

Tony Khan said "Bix" in the media scrum and I was like dude I wonder how DVDVR is doing ❤️

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

As a point of comparison that is comparable to Mets World Series tickets in 2015.

The TV numbers up to All Out and the PPV number are gonna be completely ridiculous

Edited by JRV
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, punkenhead said:

I have followed CM Punk since IWA-MS (as I'm sure many of you have). Tonight was a great moment. Truly special. A CM Punk with a renewed love and energy for professional wrestling is a beautiful thing, and I will be there for every minute of it. 

This is exactly how I feel- it may sound corny but Punk,his promos and him generally just being him got me through some dark times during 2011-2013.

Seeing him happy and genuinely enthusiastic about wrestling again is great for all involved. 

• Like 5

Those tears always draw me in. Goosebumps seeing him in tears, felt the same about Cena last month like both guys have gotten alot of amazing opportunities outside of Wrestling to explore that could never have to come back and maybe make away more money without killing themselves but yet there's nothing like being in front of a live crowd. Wrestling is some special and it's a different element from any other form of Entertainment or Sport.

Punk went through so much leaving WWE, I do believe he was burned out my the time he left but I always thought Punk tried to hard to prove to Wrestling fans that he didn't care about Wrestling anymore and block it out of his mind. I really few like he was putting on a front about not being a Wrestling guy after a point. Don't get me wrong he's been through enough to put it behind him for so many years but he's a worker at heart. By leaving the business for so many years after being one on the top guys in the number 1 promotion at the time its a bigger pay off in the end when ever he returns. Now I wish Samoa Joe wasn't so quick to take Hunters offer. If Don't get a Cena vs Joe match at the end of the day I'll be disappointed 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, peterien said:

Seeing that dork Brock Lesnar Guy or whatever his fucking name is and frank the clown almost ruined it for me. Almost. 

Great to see Punk back, he looks rejuvenated.

Hah, every time I see Brock Lesnar guy i'm annoyed. How the hell does he get those tickets? Where was Frank the Clown?

This was great!

We want Dragon!

• Like 2

I’ve only seen the YouTube clips so far, but my god what a pop that was. Possibly the greatest moment in the last 5-10 years and easily AEW’s biggest moment to date 

Edited by Ultimo Necro
Goddam greasy autocorrect
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Valcourt said:

Hah, every time I see Brock Lesnar guy i'm annoyed. How the hell does he get those tickets? Where was Frank the Clown?

This was great!

We want Dragon!

Frank was next to him without makeup I think. If I recall correctly Lesnar douche is an investment banker with loads of cash or something?

Edited by peterien
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

If he still lurks here, he should come on Way of the Blade. We won't talk about WWE or AWE at all, just talk about Greg Valentine or Magnum TA

Come on Phil.  Get the straight dope on the time they have a girl a lap dance on an indy show.

• Haha 1

I don't know why, but Sting telling Punk he's excited to work with him and he wished he could have when he was in his prime really made me tear up. It's one of those, "the universe isn't fair" type of things, but I'm happy they'll get the chance.

• Like 5