DVDVR Message Board

AEW Rampage: The First Dance - 8/20/21

One thing that I don't like about AEW (but I understand it completely) is how predictable their match finishes are. Moxley's gonna win, Jade Cargill's gonna win and Jurassic Express is gonna win. I see why they do it, that's fine, but it makes watching the matches a little less drama-filled.

Also, no way Danielson debuts before NYC, and no way "Final Countdown" isn't his entrance music.

Really? Seems the obvious move to make with them beating Lucha Bros in the "final".

I am very excited to see Malakai Black and CM Punk both sitting down cross legged cutting promos on each other one day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

Really? Seems the obvious move to make with them beating Lucha Bros in the "final".

I am very excited to see Malakai Black and CM Punk both sitting down cross legged cutting promos on each other one day.

You could go with Lucha Bros as well. Ironically, if the finals are indeed Lucha Bros vs. Jurassic Express - those are the two teams the Bucks have faced at All Out so far.

2019 All Out: Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros - Ladder Match for AAA Tag Titles

2020: Young Bucks vs. Jurassic Express

1 hour ago, AxB said:

(Stolen from twitter)

It's Friday. You know what that means. Incredible rise for AEW in such a short space of time and deservedly so. I also see CM Punk posing for pictures. Good on him.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Tony Kahn to open tonight’s show:

“Uh, hey listen everybody. Well…uh…you see, CM Punk hasn’t signed with us.”

[massive booing]

“I’m sorry! It’s just that everyone was having so much fun with all the speculation and I didn’t want to ruin it, so I just kinda let it build up. I probably should have said something earlier before it all got out of hand, but I got caught up in all the excitement.”

[even more massive booing]

”Anyway, here’s Buddy Murphy!”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

did any of us in our wildest dreams think AEW would be this far along.. this quickly?   Amazing rise.. 

One man did

All Elite Wrestling on Twitter: "Congratulations to @AEW Owner, CEO & GM @ TonyKhan on winning the @WONF4W's 2020 Best Booker + for the second year in  a row 2020 Promoter of the

(that pic kills me every time)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, eikerir said:

BF6106-EC-07-F6-408-B-A620-3-E14-CB9-A25

Not bad for a T-shirt company.

By the way when was the last time a weekly ONE hour wrestling show had this much hype?

Probably the 1st NXT show on the WWE Network because it was the first time anything was ever shown on the WWE Network. After that maybe a Sunday Night Heat..

• Like 1

Cubs fan is posting the dark taping/preshow card on Twitter. Funny heat line from Britt. Since I’m on the west coast and don’t have directv, I’m behind the rest of the world by three hours. Logging off the internet soon. Exciting buzz about things right now. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Well, might as put the Discord chat link. If you haven't already please stop by so can freak out live before freaking out here. Oh, and especially when especially @The Naturalwho I've been hoping would swing by one day. https://discord.gg/7PSebVVuyu

Getting a device not eligible. I'll try again, mate.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 1