DVDVR Message Board

AEW Rampage: The First Dance - 8/20/21

Yeah, wrestling is a fun hobby but priorities.

For the Canadians in the house, TSN is airing Rampage on TSN2 at 11:00 Eastern. ? I am guessing that also means they won't be airing it live on their website. I am not getting baked tonight but I do want to watch it live though. *wink wink*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

The new Botchamania has a horrendous ziplining of a guy in a Spider-Man gimmick where he keeps stopping... sliding a little further, stopping... rinse and repeat. It's both sad and terrifying. 

That was from Saturday's Triplemania.  Poor Vikingo.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Yeah, wrestling is a fun hobby but priorities.

For the Canadians in the house, TSN is airing Rampage on TSN2 at 11:00 Eastern. ? I am guessing that also means they won't be airing it live on their website. I am not getting baked tonight but I do want to watch it live though. *wink wink*

Air the biggest wrestling show of the year live? Of course not. Get in line behind pre-season football! 

5 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Air the biggest wrestling show of the year live? Of course not. Get in line behind pre-season football! 

I might skip Summerslam tomorrow because I'm in a Falcons market and they're playing the Dolphins, so I can judge what Tua is this year for a quarter. 

• Like 1

I didn't follow CM Punk in WWE.  Tho, I caught his 'ECW' debut, the Pipe bomb and a collection of match highlights.  I was a casual ROH viewer during his run.  He was clearly talented if a bit sloppy.  The WWE highlights indicated he'd solidified his game and dropped some of his more indie-rific spots.  All that said, the enthusiasm and excitement being expressed is contagious, and I'm very stoked for this evening.  I can't say I haven't had this feeling many times over now with this fabulous All Elite 'brand'.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Absolutely.

And you're right, I felt this way about the Dynamite debut too. I remember having to leave halfway through though because of a Ghibli-fest screening at the theatre. That was such a great night. Riho/Nyla stole the show.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Assuming Punk comes out to Cult of Personality, when's the last time someone used an entrance song they had in WWE (or a version of it) on another major TV show? Piper and Savage in WCW, right? Or am I forgetting someone else?

Or the continuity of debuting a the same theme song in 3 different promotions during the summer. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Assuming Punk comes out to Cult of Personality, when's the last time someone used an entrance song they had in WWE (or a version of it) on another major TV show? Piper and Savage in WCW, right? Or am I forgetting someone else?

I don't think Roddy Piper counts as his theme in WCW was the "Greens Hills of Tyrol" and in WWF, it was the "Scotland the Brave" in the 80s, and later on "Bonnie Lass o' Fyvie" in the 90s. They are different but very similar pieces of classical Scottish music though.

However, Ric Flair would count too. Since he used "Also Spach Zarathustra" everywhere he went.

Plus, if Daniel Bryan uses "Ride of the Valkyries" by Robert Wagner in his eventual AEW debut, that technically would be the same as his last WWE theme.

Edited by Endless M's
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Endless M's said:

I don't think Roddy Piper counts as his theme in WCW was the "Greens Hills Tyrol" and in WWF, it was the "Scotland the Brave" in the 80s, and later on "Bonnie Lass o' Fyvie" in the 90s. They are different but very similar pieces of classical Scottish music though.

Figured as soon as I posted it I was setting myself up to be schooled on bagpipe music. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Casey said:

@Jiji Hook is in the motherfucking building, confirmed on Instagram!

Only logical thing to do is have Hook interrupt Punk, tap him out with the Hookhajime, and Punk is never seen again.

E89gQL7WYAEb7LB?format=jpg&name=large

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I definitely get the vibe that a surprise on top of the surprise could be coming. We know that Danielson, Jay White, Bray Wyatt, Stroman and/or Minoru motherfucking Suzuki could all be in play. Shit, it’s exciting!

Strowman was part of a group who were released June 2, so realistically you won't see him or Ruby or Murphy until September. 

Just now, christopher.annino said:

Strowman was part of a group who were released June 2, so realistically you won't see him or Ruby or Murphy until September. 

Are you telling me he was trolling on the bird app?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

That's assuming all of them want that free 90 days of money. But I think the only person to turn that down has been Raven almost twenty years ago, right? Am I missing anyone in between then?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

Absolutely.

And you're right, I felt this way about the Dynamite debut too. I remember having to leave halfway through though because of a Ghibli-fest screening at the theatre. That was such a great night. Riho/Nyla stole the show.

Oh, man, there was such a wonderful energy in the arena. Safe to say it was tons of excitement but no real idea what we were gonna see. I loved every second of it. 

And you damn right they stole the show. Don't even wanna watch it back as the experience of it all ruled so much. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Oh, man, there was such a wonderful energy in the arena. Safe to say it was tons of excitement but no real idea what we were gonna see. I loved every second of it. 

And you damn right they stole the show. Don't even wanna watch it back as the experience of it all ruled so much. 

I've posted about it a lot, but the relative apathy at the beginning of that match turning into a full Sumo Hall foot rumble / biggest reaction of the night is one of my better live wrestling memories.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Endless M's said:

If Daniel Bryan uses "Ride of the Valkyries" by Robert Wagner in his eventual AEW debut, that technically would be the same as his last WWE theme.

If Daniel Bryan uses a musical composition by Robert Wagner then the pop may not be quite as big as expected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Swift said:

If Daniel Bryan uses a musical composition by Robert Wagner then the pop may not be quite as big as expected.

It's Queens, not Brooklyn. The most over song in AEW was written by that racist fuck from Stuck Mojo, fwiw.

Edited by John E. Dynamite