DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/18/2021

4 hours ago, killsteve said:

I am interested if this actually leads to any of these MMA guys doing something in AEW, because if not then what is the point?

They still have the option of bringing in Team Filthy; I don't think the big boys are gonna get in the ring. That was probably a one and done.

Anywho, the real major troll would be to have Lambert pull rank on Punk after he starts. Whew...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

That STF choke thing that Rosa did to end the match was pretty sick.  Her Texas flag ring gear was also very choice.  I don't always follow the women's stuff closely but she seems like a huge star in the making.

She is definitely their top women's star outside of DMD.  Those two are legit. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

They still have the option of bringing in Team Filthy; I don't think the big boys are gonna get in the ring. That was probably a one and done.

Anywho, the real major troll would be to have Lambert pull rank on Punk after he starts. Whew...

Aren't Team Filthy contracted with MLW? I have no idea how that all works

4 hours ago, killsteve said:

I am interested if this actually leads to any of these MMA guys doing something in AEW, because if not then what is the point?

Tony Khan taking his frustrations out with his audience? ? "Yeah! Call 'em virgins next!" 

I think Lucha Bros losing to Jurassic Express in the finals setting up or at least teasing a turn on Pac after last night's interactions is interesting. Only thing I'm enjoying out of this otherwise lame build is the thought of evil Pentagon again but being a henchman for Andrade isn't what I had in mind. 

2 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

Does anyone else freak out over that Jurassic Express double team into the power bomb?  That is a really crazy dangerous move without much margin for error.  Anytime I see it-I’m like “Fuuuuuuuck”!

It's so great! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

She is definitely their top women's star outside of DMD.  Those two are legit. 

Those two, Conti and Stratlander are the ones that have stuck out to me.  Nyla Rose is also good in small doses as a monster and I'm warming up to lil' shooter Leyla Hirsch.

• Like 2

I'm sure one call from Tony to Court Bauer could get any of his guys over to a TV taping. 

Speaking of Tony, I walked into Champaign Public Library the other day and the lobby had Shahid Khan and his wife's name right up there in big-ass letters on the wall as donors. I mean BIG, and they were the only names. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I think Lucha Bros losing to Jurassic Express in the finals

i hope that doesn't happen.  Lucha Bros. deserve to be in the title picture.  Them and Santana & Ortiz should be at the top of the division.   Also, the Bucks run has gone on long enough.  

I think the Elite's schtick has gone on long enough in general.  It's dull and repetitive and the booking is so decadent it would make 1998 Kevin Nash blush.

I also don't really enjoy Omega or the Bucks, though, so this might just be a "it's not for me" situation.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Those two, Conti and Stratlander are the ones that have stuck out to me.  Nyla Rose is also good in small doses as a monster and I'm warming up to lil' shooter Leyla Hirsch.

I like what I've seen of Conti, but she hasn't been on Dyamite since early April.  Certainly doesn't seem like the company has any immediate plans for her beyond enhancement talent.

I'd like Statlander more if she dropped the spacewoman gimmick.

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

I also don't really enjoy Omega or the Bucks, though, so this might just be a "it's not for me" situation.

To me Omega has more of a charm about him and his matches haven't been arcade style.  There's still a lot of intrigue there.  The Young Bucks for the most part are big move into big move rinse and repeat and then chaos ensues with Gallows/Anderson etc..   

it's tired. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

i hope that doesn't happen.  Lucha Bros. deserve to be in the title picture.  Them and Santana & Ortiz should be at the top of the division.   Also, the Bucks run has gone on long enough.  

I think the cage match is definitely the end for the Bucks’ run no matter who they face at the PPV

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eikerir said:

I think the cage match is definitely the end for the Bucks’ run no matter who they face at the PPV

i think you're right..   they have the ability to tell a great story like the match between them vs. Omega and Page which was an easy MOTY candidate but lately it's been a mash up of PWG and nWo antics.  Not my thing. 

14 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I will never understand this website's disdain of Omega and the Bucks. I've been here since 2005 and I just don't get it. I've heard all the arguments but man... 

i wouldn't group them together.  Omega is a tremendous wrestler.  The Bucks can be but can also lose me.  There's nothing insincere about it.  i have never liked a flip move into another flip move into another one and resulting in 2.9 kickouts.  

never liked it and never will. 

• Like 2

Watching the fan footage it's kind of awkward seeing poor Dasha start her introduction then have to stop right away.  They should have just asked her to leave beforehand since introducing Jericho wasn't needed.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jiji said:

You can add in Hayter. She's going to be great. 

Cargill vs. Hogan is exciting. Is this Jade's first live tv match? 

Shaq match. Going in on paper that sure over delivered. I’m looking forward to a fun little match between the two. 

3 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Shaq match. Going in on paper that sure over delivered. I’m looking forward to a fun little match between the two. 

Ah, you're right! I thought that was a taped episode. 

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

That STF choke thing that Rosa did to end the match was pretty sick.  Her Texas flag ring gear was also very choice.  I don't always follow the women's stuff closely but she seems like a huge star in the making.

She already is a huge star.  Part of my dislike of Britt is that I think there are three women who deserve to be the face of the Women's division more in Shida, Rosa, and Tay.

Britt is perfectly fine, but I feel like she's a notch below those three, though she is willing to take a beating.

• Like 1