DVDVR Message Board

Raw is BUY OUR SHIRT - 8/16/2021

Dolfan in NYC

So, I finally caught part of the show WITHOUT Orton and I have many questions about Mahal's goons. First, what kind of name is Shanky (A quick Google search says it is used in 1 of 13M+ times)? His real name is Gurvinder Singh Malhotra...how is any one of those not better than Shanky?! Secondly, why is billed as being 7 feet tall...he's...uh...not close? Third, what kind of name is Veer? His name is Rinku Singh, that is much better. Fourth, wait...Veer is the 'Million Dollar Arm' guy? Like, the guy who won a reality competition and signed an MLB contract, played years of minor league baseball, had a movie made about him and...they rename him? Isn't that the kind of mainstream attention you would want to promote? WWE constantly wants their guys to get into movies and other shows, then they sign a guy who had a movie made about HIM and they change his name?!!?

Also, Moist TV? That's it...I'm tapping out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, caley said:

Isn't that the kind of mainstream attention you would want to promote? WWE constantly wants their guys to get into movies and other shows, then they sign a guy who had a movie made about HIM and they change his name?!!?

Apparently not. They don't want organic mainstream attention. They'd want mainstream attention manufactured, visioned and controlled by Vince. He wants to predetermine mainstream's reactions, as well, and since he isn't capable of doing that, he doesn't want it. In fact, he probably wants to remake that movie with Orton, anyway!

5 hours ago, caley said:

So, I finally caught part of the show WITHOUT Orton and I have many questions about Mahal's goons. First, what kind of name is Shanky (A quick Google search says it is used in 1 of 13M+ times)? His real name is Gurvinder Singh Malhotra...how is any one of those not better than Shanky?! Secondly, why is billed as being 7 feet tall...he's...uh...not close? Third, what kind of name is Veer? His name is Rinku Singh, that is much better. Fourth, wait...Veer is the 'Million Dollar Arm' guy? Like, the guy who won a reality competition and signed an MLB contract, played years of minor league baseball, had a movie made about him and...they rename him? Isn't that the kind of mainstream attention you would want to promote? WWE constantly wants their guys to get into movies and other shows, then they sign a guy who had a movie made about HIM and they change his name?!!?

Also, Moist TV? That's it...I'm tapping out.

Apparently Shanky's ring name in India was Dilsher Shanky so Shanky is supposed to be a last name. Poor guy didn't even get to bring his first name over for a few weeks before losing it like Matt Riddle and most everyone else they call up nowadays. I'm surprised Damian Priest hasn't fallen victim to that yet and become "Damian" or "Priest".

11 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Apparently not. They don't want organic mainstream attention. They'd want mainstream attention manufactured, visioned and controlled by Vince. He wants to predetermine mainstream's reactions, as well, and since he isn't capable of doing that, he doesn't want it. In fact, he probably wants to remake that movie with Orton, anyway!

but we've known this for years

(stares in "Daniel Bryan basically becoming the SF Giants' new mascot for the 2014 world series run because they loved/co-opted the YES chant so much, even getting to be part of the championship parade)

2 hours ago, Morganti said:

Tik tok.  The answers lie in the depths of TikTok

So what you're saying is the search for an on-personality was really a cover just to check out TikTok users' fanfiction?  Because if so it all makes sense now.

16 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Exactly. It doesn't count if you did it yourself.

• Like 1