DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/26/21

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: Steve Maclin def. TJP via DQ (7:32) when Petey Williams interfered to stop Maclin from using a steel chair and attacked him. After the match, TJP argued with Petey for costing him the match.

Impact Wrestling - Airing August 26, 2021

*Chris Sabin def. Sami Callihan (8:01) with the Cradle Shock. After the match, Moose attacked both men. Moose put a steel chair on Sami's throat and went for his bat, but Eddie Edwards made the save

*Mickie James comes to the ring and calls out Deonna Purrazzo to hype EmPowerrr. Deonna comes out with Matthew Rehwoldt. Deonna ends up attacking Mickie until Melina & Trey Miguel make the save..

*Chris Bey def. David Finlay (12:26) via rollup with feet on the ropes.

*Christian Cage promo. Christian puts over Ace Austin but says there's no way that Ace beats him. Tommy Dreamer interrupts. Dreamer praises Christian's accomplishments, then asks Christian to have One More Match with him down the line. Ace Austin & Madman Fulton interrupt. Ace runs down Tommy and says Dreamer will never be world champion again, unlike him. Christian tells Ace that he will never be the man as long as he's around and if Ace ever wants to be the man,  he'd have to stand on his tip toes so everyone can see him. They get into a brawl with Christian & Dreamer clearing the ring of Ace & Fulton.

*The Influence (Tenille Dashwood, Madison Rayne, & Kaleb with a K) def. Taylor Wilde in a 3 on 1 handicap match (3:18) when Tenille scored the pin after the Spotlight Kick. After the match, they looked to attack further but Jordynne Grace & Rachael Ellering made the save.

*Rich Swann & Willie Mack def. The Good Brothers (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) (6:33) with a rollup on Anderson in a non title match. After the match, the Good Brothers attack Swann & Mack. They hit the Magic Killer and then Gallows powerbombs Willie through a table on the outside.

Edited by DreamBroken

I watched one hour and three minutes, which is pretty good for a show without Kenny Omega or Jay White.  The Chris Bey/ David Finlay match was the best thing on the show.  The Cravate Suplex was fucking balls out.  I was fast forwarding and I was like, "WAIT!  Is that Britt Baker?!?!?"  But is was Chelsea Green.  I was very excited for a minute there.  Anyway, I'm guessing next week will top out at 18 minutes because everything they set up tonight for next week sounds awful.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Dug this week's episode. Is Brandi Lauren getting written off or just joining Su and Kimber? I know they use the Undead Realm to write off characters a decent bit.

I never noticed how small Ace Austin is until he was next to Christian who I never considered a "big guy" 

I gotta appreciate Kaleb Konley leaning into the gimmick all the way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

Dug this week's episode. Is Brandi Lauren getting written off or just joining Su and Kimber? I know they use the Undead Realm to write off characters a decent bit.

I never noticed how small Ace Austin is until he was next to Christian who I never considered a "big guy" 

I gotta appreciate Kaleb Konley leaning into the gimmick all the way.

I didn't notice Brandi Lauren.  I think I was fast forwarding to actively.  It would be cool if she was FIGURED IN!  And Ace Austin being so tiny was probably not something you want your champion to bring up when trying to get people to give a crap about your PPV match.

• Like 1

I love that Impact is helping hype up Empowerrr. I'm so here for Melina/Deonna and wish there was a chance for a Melina upset.

The Knockouts stuff remains a highlight. I was waiting for someone...anyone to assist poor Taylor. lol 

• Like 1