DVDVR Message Board

RIP Cory Monteith

The Man Known as Dan

I didn't know anything about his drug problems, but in the back of my mind at times saw him and thought there was something going on with him.  Sadly that was correct.  I don't know what they did last season on Glee, but the show's going to change big-time now.  He's not in the school, but I imagine he was still a big part of it.  Kind of hard to watch it and not think about him dead.  Damn shame too.  And he was slightly older than me by a few months.  Fucking hell.

One of my buddies was an extra on Glee a couple times and he was the one guy who came up and was super nice to everyone, making the extras feel like part of the family.  That kind of stuff usually doesn't happen, especially on TV.

One of my buddies was an extra on Glee a couple times and he was the one guy who came up and was super nice to everyone, making the extras feel like part of the family.  That kind of stuff usually doesn't happen, especially on TV.

That corresponds with what I read somewhere else.  The cast of Glee performed at the White House--for the Easter Monday egg roll, I think--and apparently, Cory was the only cast member that interacted with the 'regular' guests and took time to talk with everyone.  By all accounts, he really was a nice guy.

A friend of mine said the same thing.

In yet another instance of Canada's superior medical system, they already have the toxicology results in (whereas similar deaths here in the US always seem to take a week or two to get the results). Looks like the drug of choice was heroin.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/cory-monteith-cause-of-death-revealed-210422758.html

I quit watching Glee after the abysmal second season but I liked Monteith and hoped he would enjoy a nice career as a sitcom actor (he was far better at comedy than drama). Speaking of Glee, I heard most of the original cast "graduated" but they still kept the cast on in various supporting roles. Was the Finn-Rachel thing even a big part of the show any more?

I think Finn went to do service and Rachel was in NYC.  The third season should have been the last one as it went out on such a good finale it could have passed for the series finale.  Was baffled by the last one and didn't see one bit of it after the first episode.

They basically tried to recreate the Season 1 character archetypes with less talented actors, and then had all the cast who graduated come back in various ways. Murphy should have just had all the characters start off as freshman in the first season. He either didn't plan that far ahead, or thought he could keep the same essence of the show with differenct actors.

Murphy's track record suggest that he didn't think far enough ahead.  The first wave of Gleeks had to graduate, and only Rachel and Kurt were slam-dunks to attend a Julliard-type university, so having all of them attend the same college 90210 style couldn't happen.  A Degrassi approach could have worked, but it's too late now.

Also, the next season will be postponed, obviously to accommodate for Monteith's passing.

Next season?  I'd say at this point just cancel it.  If he's in it do you really want to have episodes with him in it?  You could take him out but if he was a main part of the season that's going to look pretty weird.

Next season?  I'd say at this point just cancel it.  If he's in it do you really want to have episodes with him in it?  You could take him out but if he was a main part of the season that's going to look pretty weird.

From what I understand, they hadn't taped anything yet but he was going to return from rehab and be a big part of the season.  I also saw a report that they've already got the writers huddled up figuring out what to do instead.  Glee was renewed for two seasons so I don't think cancellation is coming.