DVDVR Message Board

AEW Rampage - 8/13/2021

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Debut episode!

• Impact World Championship: Kenny Omega (c) vs Christian Cage

For your consideration:

• Christian wins the Impact World Championship for a shocking moment on the debut episode and that Kenny Omega's AEW World Championship is in jeopardy at All Out.
  • Running this match here and at All Out? Perhaps Christian is taken out and there's an All Out replacement?
  • AEW doesn't do a TV match then at a PPV over and over like WWE does.
Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

Christian getting belted. Do you really think they're going to have Omega lose to Josh Alexander? Alexander's really good and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in AEW after the new deal he just signed expires. But I just don't see AEW's ace losing to him right now and that was always a problem with Omega winning their belt. Who would Khan be okay with Omega putting over? This solves that problem and just in time to make the PPV match seem more credible. 

I like the idea but god damn man. Still a helluva letdown. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Unclear. But they should. 

For Impact's sake, I agree. If Christian winning is indeed what's happening, I wonder if Omega losing to an AEW talent that was more readily available to put over an Alexander was always the plan or if that changed. I'd think it was always the plan. Sucks for Impact but they've had improved ratings and buyrates thanks to this run. Their title and company also gets mentioned on TNT (sometimes kind of lol). But yeah, having a middleman to get their belt back kinda sucks.

4 minutes ago, Jiji said:

For Impact's sake, I agree. If Christian winning is indeed what's happening, I wonder if Omega losing to an AEW talent that was more readily available to put over an Alexander was always the plan or if that changed. I'd think it was always the plan. Sucks for Impact but they've had improved ratings and buyrates thanks to this run. Their title and company also gets mentioned on TNT (sometimes kind of lol). But yeah, having a middleman to get their belt back kinda sucks.

And poor Christian. This wouldn’t be the first time he gets pimped out to Impact and reminded where he is in the pecking order. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

And poor Christian. This wouldn’t be the first time he gets pimped out to Impact and reminded where he is in the pecking order. 

You reminded of this:

Christian under contract with WWE making this Impact appearance.

• Like 1

To be fair, I think Omega vs. Christian will be a fine match, but it's not a match I want to see twice. I hope to hell they find a new challenger for All Out - or they're really banking on a Punk in ring return selling the whole show.

• Like 2

I'm skeptical they put the belt on Christian, but, if not, what match do you flip?  I'm guessing they're going to want a surprise title switch for the new show and i don't see them jobbing out Dr. Baker in her hometown.  Also not sure Red Velvet wouldn't get a "who's that?" reaction. She's been appearing sporadically and her profile isn't that high.

I guess Fuego Del Sol could upset Miro, but that's probably not happening.

• Like 1

One thing gnawing at me is if you're going to lose the Impact title I would feel much better about it being somebody from Impact that wins it.  If Kenny loses it to Christian that would show that it took an AEW guy to beat him and risk cheapening the title.  And even if Christian lost it to them then it still rings hollow because they didn't beat the belt collector.

So while I admit to not being caught up on Impact I would build up the best chance they have and have them beat Omega at their next PPV.  That way it's a win for not only the wrestlers but the company in saying one of their guys beat the Belt Collector.

• Like 1

Oh man, what did Fuego do to deserve this? I mean, give the guy a tier/level 1 contract already just for putting him in there with Miro. Miro is just going to annihilate him and I AM HERE FOR IT.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eoae said:

I'm skeptical they put the belt on Christian, but, if not, what match do you flip?  I'm guessing they're going to want a surprise title switch for the new show and i don't see them jobbing out Dr. Baker in her hometown.  Also not sure Red Velvet wouldn't get a "who's that?" reaction. She's been appearing sporadically and her profile isn't that high.

I guess Fuego Del Sol could upset Miro, but that's probably not happening.

Be stupid to take the belt of Miro and Dr Britt Baker. Think Christian will wind up winning to open AEW Rampage with a bang and to show Christian has a chance when the AEW World Championship is on the line at All Out. Still not sure if that will happen. I can see a possible switch of opponents there.

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

One thing gnawing at me is if you're going to lose the Impact title I would feel much better about it being somebody from Impact that wins it.  If Kenny loses it to Christian that would show that it took an AEW guy to beat him and risk cheapening the title.  And even if Christian lost it to them then it still rings hollow because they didn't beat the belt collector.

So while I admit to not being caught up on Impact I would build up the best chance they have and have them beat Omega at their next PPV.  That way it's a win for not only the wrestlers but the company in saying one of their guys beat the Belt Collector.

Yeah, I agree with you. Also do you want Kenny Omega's first singles loss in ages to go to Christian instead of Adam Page?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

They’ve already taped stuff in advance and the #1 contender to the Impact title is…

Spoiler

Brian Myers

• Like 1

Count me into the group that thinks Christian is getting stretchered to end this show with the announcers selling “what does this mean for All Out?! Tune into Dynamite to find out!” as they close

This would also lead nicely into Christian’s heel turn on Jungle Boy upon his return. “I was out there getting sent to the hospital, and where were you?!’ type thing.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

It's Friday. You know what that means.

I've been waiting a good couple weeks to post this.

archer-lana-anthony-kane.gif

EDIT:  Okay, bear with me but I really miss Archer and the clip's pretty damn good.

Spoiler

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Haha 6

I'm just going to stick with my theory that the only way Kenny drops the Impact belt is if he FedEx's it back to D'Amore after the cross deal falls apart.  

But then again I'm a bit cynical.

I'm just hoping that Christian vs Kenny is really good and Christian doesn't get concussed or anything. I don't think Christian is going to Shibata himself or anything, but Kenny doesn't work the softest style in his finishing stretches.

Somehow I didn't realize the Christian match was for the TNA title, not the AEW.  Yeah, I can see them switching that belt to give the show an "important things are going to happen" feel.

On the other hand, switching the secondary title seems like such an obvious thing to do that I feel like they'll probably swerve us and not do a title change. 

I don't see Britt losing in her hometown unless they're going to put the belt back on her on the PPV.  Would not bet even a penny on Fuego del Sol upsetting Miro.