DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/11/21

Technico Support

They’re gonna get crucified by the fans if the CM Punk tease a few weeks ago was only a tease and he isn’t infact coming into the company. Pittsburgh was NOT happy with Christian/Omega as the main event, either.

I hope for their sake they weren’t just trolling with the Darby promo (and the dirt sheet rumors only add fuel to the fire).

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I predict Kenny loses the Impact and AAA belts this weekend. They didn't even mention Andrade vs. Omega at Triplemania this Saturday. 

Because there's no actual way to watch Triplemania outside of Mexico this Saturday (I'm not counting luchablog's Twitch channel)

Man, that was a LOT of wrestling.  We hardcore wrestling fans are delighted.  Britt Baker being so over n Brittsburg makes me hope that Red Velvet goes totally heel Friday.  That Garcia guy is good.  So many good youngsters.  And since Excaliber mentioned it, Daniel Garcia vs Wheeler Yuta for an hour on Dark Elevation.

• Like 9

So what are the board's thoughts on Penta with the white Armani Exchange sweater & Fenix with the white Supreme shirt turning on Pac to join El Igloo? Pac vs. Andrade should be an excellent match but I'm not really digging the build to it at all and I could see it being one of those heatless technical masterpieces that gets the crowd going in the home stretch. Having the Lucha Bros turn on Pac to add some heat to the match could work. Death Triangle on paper should've been amazing and maybe it will be in time, but with Pac forced out of most of 2020 and each member taking turns being injured this year, they've hardly been a unit. I dunno. Andrade is dope but so far his AEW run hasn't gotten out of first gear. Same thing happened in NXT though, so I don't doubt he'll get it going. Feels like all parties needs a lil something to get them going. Not sure how Abrahantes, Chavo, and mysterious assistant would all work together, lol.

I mean just going by fashion choices alone, Lucha Bros will be turning on oiled up, permanently in full gear Pac for debonair Andrade. Pac also cut off Alex and basically said "fuck whatever you had to say, Penta." ?‍♂️

Edited by Jiji

Two things I want to touch on.

First, I love that Excalibur referenced Wheeler Yuta and Daniel Garcia's broadway from IWTV100 this past weekend. It really does make everything feel connected and it is such an absolute breath of fresh air.

Secondly, I've said all along this was the problem with Omega. Either he HAS to lose the AEW World Championship first or this whole thing almost seems like a wash. If Christian beats him by hook or crook on Friday night, that's where the rub goes regardless. Christian would still be the "first guy" to pin Kenny Omega and usurp that whole mystique. Because of that, what do you do? Omega is technically slotted to defend three of those world title against AEW contracted guys as it stands right now

-Andrade for the AAA Mega Title
-Christian Cage for the Impact Title
-Christian Cage for the AEW World Title

To be totally honest with you, the best option may be for Andrade to be the first guy to beat him for a belt if those hold true and Cage does get the shot at All Out. Christian doesn't need the rub and I for the life of me will not accept Christian being the guy to beat Kenny. It almost feels TNA 2006 all over again and I don't want that. Please, I beg of you TK. Do not do subject us to this.

Dante Martin is going to be a freaking superstar. It hit me that I hadn't seen him with is brother in a long time, so i had to look up what happened to Darius. I didn't know he tore his ACL. 

Daniel Garcia can GO. He's going to be a Champion. I've also been impressed with Darby lately. When he's in the ring with guys his size you can see his ability to work and not just be a pinball. Him and Garcia are great dance partners. They had some damn good pacing and didn't just go spot monkey. 

2.0 is my new favorite team. I love those guys and have never seen them before last week.... "I'm sorry!" was so great. 

Knox is the worst referee I've ever seen. He is noticeably bad at his job. 

The ref for the Impact Tag Title match is the best I've seen in an AEW ring since Mike Chioda's guest spot. He was really good. 

Stu & Uno vs The Good Brothers was a classic territory championship match. It was so great! Make the home team look like a million bucks before squeaking out a victory at the end. That was such a fun match.  

Statlander is one of my favorites - but is it me or is Nyla being bumped down the pecking order at a rapid pace? 

How long has Tony Skeeavone had a pierced ear? I just noticed it tonight with his Brittsburgh interview... and it was all I could look at. 

On the Tony front- I'm guessing QT Soprano is training Schiavone's kid?

I really don't care anymore about Jericho and MJF. 

• Like 2

I've seen Billy Gunn's kids and Arn's kid and Brian Pillman's kid and Dusty's kids and Taz's kid and Brilliante's kid and Luke Perry's kid and yeah, I'll say it, Brodie's kid and I swear to God I saw a Zybysko kid on Dark.

Schiavone's kid no-selling a Cutter is the last straw. No more kids. Clones only. Homunculus. Golem.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Schiavone has had a pierced ear since WCW.

Another holding pattern show, but some of the booking decisions are starting to be a little suspect. They're running Christian vs Omega on Friday for the Impact title and Christian vs Omega for the AEW World title at All Out? Like...why? That's such a lose/lose scenario. It doesn't help Christian at all to win the Impact title, Christian being the one to beat Kenny will look pretty bad, and all of it would mean nothing if Christian loses at All Out and he has to lose that match for fucks sake. Christian and Brian Cage to a lesser extent have been the fly in the ointment. They never needed Christian, but TK loves him and so here we are. They especially don't need Christian if they're bringing in Punk and Danielson. Having Christian there just really gums up the works because he's probably getting paid a lot so you have to use the guy, but he's not a draw and he's in the super unenviable spot of now playing second fiddle to rumors to the two biggest free agents in forever possibly coming to AEW.

And if Christian loses on Friday then who fucking cares about their match at All Out. I'm sure the match will be good, but if he loses Friday and loses at All Out then this all looks like a huge waste of time. If he loses Friday and wins at All Out, then I mean, Jesus Christ, that is some fucking terrible booking. Again, this is such a lose/lose scenario. Probably one of the biggest ones I can think of since they hot shotted Ryback to face Punk.

Also, am I dreaming or is MJF vs Jericho happening next week and not at the PPV? They've built up this match for how long now and they're just going to run it on a Dynamite? That's bizarre. I'm hoping I just heard it wrong.

Other than that, show was pretty decent with some fun trios matches and Dante Martin looks like a star. That was also probably the best Good Brothers match they've had in America. I'm really done with the ending of throwing the title in the ring, getting caught with it, then still cheating to pull off the win. That happens in nearly every Elite match and I'm just over it now. I think I'm pretty over in general seeing Impact titles defended on Dynamite.

• Like 2

I'm going with Christian losing a fairly short match of under 10 minutes on Rampage via shenanigans, and he gets some kind of stipulation (cage?) added to the All Out match.  That ends up being a longer match, but Omega still wins again.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, matt925 said:

It’s gonna be punk vs omega at all out. They’re gonna go biggest marquee match for arguably their marquee show. Punk wins and you can do Bryan vs omega who is better without needing the title. 

Why would they do that when its Darby that called him out two weeks ago?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I'm going with Christian losing a fairly short match of under 10 minutes on Rampage via shenanigans, and he gets some kind of stipulation (cage?) added to the All Out match.  That ends up being a longer match, but Omega still wins again.

Honestly, probably the thing they'll do. He can do his frog splash off the cage. I'm for it. Also would enjoy Omega spewing some dumbass line about Christian Cage in a cage. He's been doing well with the putzy shit lately.

• Like 1

TK is giving me a nervous twitch. While I would love to see Christian take a couple month nostalgia tour through the Impact Zone, it would not be in the best interest of anyone to have Omega lose the Impact title first. Similarly, I can't think of anyone who believes that Christian vs. Omega for the AEW title is PPV main event worthy. Have AEW booked themselves into a corner? Does Christian lose on Friday and get put out of commission so that they have to go an alternate route with All Out? Wild card question: Does Andrade go over on Saturday? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Why would they do that when its Darby that called him out two weeks ago?

Because it’s their biggest marquee match for arguably their marquee show, and they’ll still have two weeks to get there. I’ve ordered every aew ppv and omega vs Christian and punk vs Darby would be a bummer. Probably the least interested in an aew ppv I would be other than maybe the first full gear. But when I think

omega vs punk

bucks vs lucha bros with bros finally going over

Andrade vs pac

moxley vs tanahashi

rosa vs britt

ftr vs Santana & ortiz

That is a damn banger of a ppv I would be hella excited for. That’s what I’m rooting for anyway.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Tell him! 

Yeah, if you do it right, it's sometimes actually better the next day  (or later in the evening). I can totally get the cold sandwich, but there is no reason to NOT try the reheating.

But either way, yeah I'm THAT kind of pervert!

...damn, I should probably make some over the weekend. It has been quite a while.

Edited by Shartnado
Mmm. ..meatloaf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, how about 2.0? In a matter of two months, they have gone from being an afterthought in NXT to facing Sting and Darby next week... after facing Darby, Mox, and Kingston last week.

How did WWE miss the boat on those guys? I personally love them. They'd be an excellent plucky underdog team to get a tag title run someday hopefully.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Overall I thought it was a good show tonight. They kinda have put themselves into a corner with Christian vs Kenny for the impact championship first. I would assume it's going to be a dq because I just can't see Kenny losing that.

I think he would lose the Triple A title this weekend though because that title is almost an afterthought for them.