DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Scorpion & The Frog - 8/9/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Omos taking off his jacket because Orton told him to got a chuckle out of me.  I assume the segment was scripted so tightly that Omos was supposed to take off his coat before that point and forgot, but it’s weird that Orton thought it was such an important detail that he had to call the spot in front of the camera.  

I think I’ve soured on Omos.  It’s really obvious that they don’t trust him to do basic spots or work a match without a vet to lead him and take most of the in-ring time.

Edited by Eoae

18 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Omos taking off his jacket because Orton told him to got a chuckle out of me.  I assume the segment was scripted so tightly that Omos was supposed to take off his coat before that point and forgot, but it’s weird that Orton thought it was such an important detail that he had to call the spot in front of the camera.  

I think I’ve soured on Omos.  It’s really obvious that they don’t trust him to do basic spots or work a match without a vet to lead him and take most of the in-ring time.

Braun had the same problems when he first came up. Not knowing where to stand in relation to the cameras was one. But this is what happens when you have someone skip through development. 

It hurts my head that they had Elias keep his gimmick throughout the entire pandemic/no crowd era where it was hurt more than just about anything else on the show, only to drop it as soon as they have fans back and it'd fit right in again.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I turned it on to see THAT and immediately changed back to Andrew Zimmern or whatever. 

Vince probably thought "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE JACKASS WITH A GUITAR PAL". The old toy got thrown away for the shiny new one with the electric. 

At least we'll always have that moment that he made some comment about the local hockey team losing or something and got a white heat reaction from the crowd. 

EDIT: Here it is

Nuclear heat. Here's the full version:

Kevin Owens spin to the music cracks me up. That crowd was pissed.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, D.Z said:

1,790,000 viewers average. Sinking downward again for the b show. 

I really enjoyed the first couple shows with crowds back, but Raw - and SDL - have turned into Just A Show very quickly.

I'm guessing anyone who thought they were stockpiling ideas during the pandemic, waiting for crowds to return, is likely kinda disappointed right now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Not for nothing, but though it's been his gimmick for like a decade, Alvarez edgelording over Raw while recapping is so fucking tiresome.  

He's Statler and Waldorf if they had zero charisma or sense of humor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Not for nothing, but though it's been his gimmick for like a decade, Alvarez edgelording over Raw while recapping is so fucking tiresome.  

Yep.  I dropped my Observer subscription in the early 2000's, but I've somehow fallen into the habit of listening to some of the free Youtube segments.  It's only been a couple weeks and it's already annoying how they repeat the same talking points over and over.  I find myself frequently agreeing with Bryan, but he has a couple points that he consistently bangs on about and he'll almost always enraged while he talks.  

Dave has his flaws, but he strikes me as more even-minded.  I don't really think he likes WWE - he occasionally buries WWE by saying "It was a show" in a monotone that implies that's the worst insult he can come up with - but he at least seems reasonable and makes reasonable arguments.  And the stuff he can't explain, he just shrugs and says "It's Vince".

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 4:17 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I turned it on to see THAT and immediately changed back to Andrew Zimmern or whatever. 

Vince probably thought "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE JACKASS WITH A GUITAR PAL". The old toy got thrown away for the shiny new one with the electric. 

At least we'll always have that moment that he made some comment about the local hockey team losing or something and got a white heat reaction from the crowd. 

EDIT: Here it is

DoeDJlzW4AAQxg1.jpg

Achievement: Nuclear Heat.

On 8/11/2021 at 1:13 PM, Eoae said:

I really enjoyed the first couple shows with crowds back, but Raw - and SDL - have turned into Just A Show very quickly.

I'm guessing anyone who thought they were stockpiling ideas during the pandemic, waiting for crowds to return, is likely kinda disappointed right now

As I said before for Raw.. they're only gonna do gimmick shows maybe and bring in old names for Raw. And some gimmick changes and then the roster draft.