DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/4/2021

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, MKERyan said:

What’s up with Hikaru Shida? She’s their Women’s champ for like, a year, drops the belt to Britt and then disappears? I know she’s had some matches on the YouTube shows no one watches, but legit has she been on Dynamite at all since losing the title?

For the record, last week's episode of Elevation is currently at 464k views. 

• Like 5

Black is so fucking good. Luchasaurus needs to stop throwing kicks in slow mo plz, this other tattooed hottie has it covered.

Also Leyla Hirsch is really fucking good. As somebody who was really into Beyond Wrestling's Uncharted Territory seasons, it's so great to see talent from that on TV. If only folks like Josh Briggs and Christian Casanova didn't sign with the Evil Empire ?

• Like 1

Didn't somebody here call Little Ceasars stepping up?  I know PBR and to a degree Cardona were angling for their commercial to make air last week.  So if they're easily able to do it like that then color me happy.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The partition in front of the fans on the stage being what's opposite the hard camera is the dirt worst. Sucks so much energy out of the TV presentation. Next time they feel the need to return to Daily's, I hope they switch to the alternate camera set-up. 

Please. ? 

7 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

For the record, last week's episode of Elevation is currently at 464k views. 

So in a week it’s achieved less than half the viewership an episode of Dynamite gets from its initial airing on Wednesday?

Like I said.

• Thanks 1

Just now, John E. Dynamite said:

Does Chris Jericho often use the "Welcome to Chicago, Motherfucker" backbreaker?

Used a lot back in his WCW cruiser weight days. Probably why he brought it back for this match.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

If you didn't see Juvi/Jericho, well, Chris looked really old, fat, and slow. The Tornillo Judas Effect was killer, though.

6 minutes ago, EVA said:

Yes, while we’re giving devils their due, that Judas Effect off the top was pretty sweet.

5 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Thirded, that was rad as hell. Id love to see him keep that in the arsenal for big matches. 

Fourth y'all.

• Like 4

Also, while I'm just going over the show in my head, how about Red Velvet? This is her second big match after the Shaq tag so I'd think they've got big plans for her. Gonna be a real uphill climb to get cheered in Britt's hometown so it'll be an interesting test for a young babyface

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MKERyan said:

So in a week it’s achieved less than half the viewership an episode of Dynamite gets from its initial airing on Wednesday?

Like I said.

Or the show nobody watches gets more than 1/4 the viewers Monday Night Raw does. I'm not arguing that it's a flagship show or that being on it is as good as being on Dynamite - those are both obviously false - I'm just pointing out the hyperbole.

I will admit, though, I'm not the best to take up an alternate position because I don't get Dynamite where I am.

• Like 3