DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/4/2021

Dolfan in NYC

43 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If I were Bray, and signed with AEW, I'd go back to something closer to Max Cady Bray rather than supernatural, whatever the fuck he evolved into.

Agreed, but that guy is so creative I imagine he'd come up with something entirely different.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't think the character is very 'black metal', which mostly involves not liking or being around other people at all so doesn't necessarily translate to wrestling ? I think Dexter Lumis is probably more black metal, because he is a big silent edgelord looking dude. Then again I'm not in contact with that scene really anymore and I'm sure it's splintered off -- Nazi misanthropes, then post-rock kids, then war metal types, then old school metalheads, etc. 

It would be cool to have some big buff 'war metal' types with camo and nail gauntlets and twenty bullet belts come to the ring and press slam guys. A wrestling version of Blasphemy, bring it on! 

May be an image of 1 person

Stolen from https://www.facebook.com/Vinnie-Macs-frostbitten-Meme-Stash-670503840005068/

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, zendragon said:

I'm certainly seeing overlap in fandoms on my facebook groups

There are a few fellow metalheads and punks I'm friends with that are wrestling fans too. Some of them like black metal even, haha, but I'm not friends with any of the "no fun allowed" types. 

As I've noted elsewhere Facebook is always bombing my profile with Suggested wrestling stuff even though the only wrestling connections I have on there besides my friends are the DVDVR group and the Botchamania account. ?‍♂️ Maybe the algorithm really can read minds...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If I were Bray, and signed with AEW, I'd go back to something closer to Max Cady Bray rather than supernatural, whatever the fuck he evolved into.

If I were Bray, I would radically simplify my presentation down to barebones to get away from some of the more outlandish stuff he's done and focus more on his internal madness. I would have him take more of a grindhouse approach rather than over the top horror. I would personally think it would be good to pair him against Black and frame Black as a reflection of his former self. Bray would make a great out of nowhere surprise with Black's entrance darkening the arena and just having Bray be there when the lights come up. Since you already have so many things in the pipeline with CM Punk and others, I think it's okay not to heavily promote one of the debuts you have coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

If I was Bray, I would watch the 2nd season of Justified, and turn my family into a bunch of drug running hillbillies.

But keep the Wrestling career going on the side, too?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

If I was Bray, I would watch the 2nd season of Justified, and turn my family into a bunch of drug running hillbillies.

14 hours ago, AxB said:

But keep the Wrestling career going on the side, too?

It worked for Terry "The Tampa Pipeline" Bollea, allegedly.

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Think they could get Margo Martindale to play "Mother Abigail"?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1