DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/4/2021

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

When he turns on Jungle Boy after losing, all will be well with him. Is there a named Dynamite between now and All Out? 

On the first point, can't wait.

On the second point, First Dance.

Edit: Oh, Dynamite. No, but that doesn't mean they won't have one.

Edited by John from Cincinnati

Just now, Jiji said:

When he turns on Jungle Boy after losing, all will be well with him. Is there a named Dynamite between now and All Out? 

That I'm unsure of, but isn't the go-home Rampage the big United Center "First Dance" show? Or is that the following week

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Poor Christian Cage hasn't gotten a mention yet. Hope they can spark some modicum of interest in that match. Dude deserves better. 

Yeah and I've always liked Christian Cage as well. If that's All Out rather than Omega/Page as we all thought, oof. Good luck building that and again this is coming from a Christian fan.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Didn't Jericho sometimes used to do that flying reverse elbow in WWE? 

My vague recollection is he turned his body counter-clockwise for that move, as opposed to clockwise for the Judas. But it's been a while and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm dead wrong. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Or the show nobody watches gets more than 1/4 the viewers Monday Night Raw does. I'm not arguing that it's a flagship show or that being on it is as good as being on Dynamite - those are both obviously false - I'm just pointing out the hyperbole.

I will admit, though, I'm not the best to take up an alternate position because I don't get Dynamite where I am.

Noted. 

My original point was less about viewership and more about the continued bad booking of the women’s division. Britt is great. But like, she’s a heel? I think? But gets cheered like a face because she’s great.

Shida had been relegated to YouTube. Kris Statlander is just kinda treading water since coming back. It’s rare we get more than one women’s match per Dynamite and even then, unless it’s something involving Britt it’s likely just a random one-off match.

They’ve got plenty of talent on the roster, I don’t really get why they don’t utilize some of them more on Dynamite. Hopefully Rampage helps change that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Didn't Jericho sometimes used to do that flying reverse elbow in WWE? 

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Off the top of my head (it's 03:47am UK time) vs. William Regal at WrestleMania X-Seven.

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

My vague recollection is he turned his body counter-clockwise for that move, as opposed to clockwise for the Judas. But it's been a while and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm dead wrong. 

04:20 mark:

Pleasantly surprised I remembered considering how early it is in the morning.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That I'm unsure of, but isn't the go-home Rampage the big United Center "First Dance" show? Or is that the following week

There are two Fridays between The First Dance (August 20th) and All Out (September 5th).

My hope is they shoehorn the Christian defense on a Dynamite or Rampage. Even if your plan is for Punk/Darby to main event the PPV, that is such a lame title defense. 

• Like 1

Jericho/Juvy was pretty good...it will be interesting to see what happens next week with Wardlow. 

6 man was dope! Nice callback to Darby and Mox being pals. 2.0 and Garcia had a good showing.

The Battle of the QEW! Looking forward to seeing Christian getting his title shot.

I thought Miro gave Lee a bit too much, but no harm was done.

Black entrance was dope AF. Cody did a great job doing the honors tonight.

All in all, another enjoyable, easy watch. Hopefully they continue on their million+ streak!

• Like 3

More total workrate wrestling.  It was fucking wall to wall wrestling tonight.  Juventud looked great.  The six man was way fun.  The Miro match was the surprise good match of the night.  The Bunny is so underrated.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1