DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/4/2021

Dolfan in NYC

This sets up well for Cody being the 3rd man. "Nobody was there to help me. I've done everything for AEW. Yada Yada" Let him take however long off (a couple of months I'd imagine) and come Full Gear we can have our Bash at the Beach.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Krone Meltzer said:

This sets up well for Cody being the 3rd man. "Nobody was there to help me. I've done everything for AEW. Yada Yada" Let him take however long off (a couple of months I'd imagine) and come Full Gear we can have our Bash at the Beach.

I hate the idea of there being a "3rd man" situation, but love the idea of it being Cody. They should only do it if it's all about Cody. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For whatever reason my DVR didn't record the show so I missed jericho/juvi. Will have to check it out later. Rest of the show was fine but definitely a step back since the show hit the road. Black squashing him was the right thing to do. Cody talked about the EVP/main event guys stepping back over the next few years. Lead by example, bro! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Say what you will about Cody, but when he decides to make somebody, he puts them over as hard as he fucking can.

This. The squash match vs. The late, great Mr. Brodie Lee is one of the best matches in AEW history.

• Like 7

Jericho/Juvi ruled, fun opener, and a Super Judas Effect! Would love to see Juvi stick around for more. Loved Kenny wearing the Cookie Monster shirt and there was a "what time is it!" in that hilarious Elite Squad segment. Glad to see Dan Lambert is coming back - with backup! He can be a great heel manager. Solid matches from Miro/Lee and Leyla/Bunny. Figured Leyla would win for the face to be against Kamille, sad that Serena is back on the injured list though. Enjoyed the main event while it lasted, didn't love the end. I was hoping they would go the TV time remaining route. Felt too similar to the brodie lee feud as now Cody will be gone again but the set up is there for his comeback like last time, even though this time was an apparent retirement attempt. I assume this was his write off back to the Go Big Show season 2. Rampage going with a 4 man booth should be interesting. As always, dig the excitement throughout the show and looking forward to next week. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Danielson/Punk/Cody as neo NWO is Legit Leyla Hirsch the worst idea being bounced around.

Yeah I’m not sure if people are being serious about that or not. But the idea that Punk or Danielson sign off on coming in for some lame as shit NWO revival is pretty hilarious. 

Especially when the Elite are already doing a parody of the Bullet Club which is an homage to the NWO. Or maybe it’s an homage of a parody? Who’s to say.

What’s up with Hikaru Shida? She’s their Women’s champ for like, a year, drops the belt to Britt and then disappears? I know she’s had some matches on the YouTube shows no one watches, but legit has she been on Dynamite at all since losing the title?

Edited by MKERyan
  • Like 2

The end took the show from 0 to 60 in no time at all (generally liked the show but you knew it was a cool down one)  Black is already a made man and that went exactly as it should have.  And yes like Natural said the last time he got his ass handed to him like that was against Mr. Brodie Lee.  So when a beating like that is that rare that shows how much Cody thinks of the person he's against and the story going forward.  So while I had some slight issues with certain Cody things at his core there's somebody that knows how to do things right.

As for Black interrupting the speech?  You can take it many ways but if they're going to treat it like Black ended his career by taking the boot then I'm all here for it.

Oh, and also loved not only PBR getting their Broski commercial in but also the Golden Girls theme which had some of the crowd singing along.  And if his Twitter is to be believed Woods definitely watches AEW.  So that was some highly amusing stuff.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 4

The trios match was great fun. Garcia and 2.0 acquitted themselves well. If they really wanted to get the Hypothetical Trios Title over as a big deal, Mox/Eddie/Darby would be the perfect team to make people care about it right out of the gate.

• Like 6