DVDVR Message Board

WHAT IF...? (SPOILER TALK)

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Is there any reasoning to which actors did VO work vs which stuff was done by impersonators?  Just general contact weirdness, I suppose?  Because on one hand, I'm thinking "well of course they wouldn't pay Dave Batista for a one minute cameo."  But then, in the same episode, Kurt Russell comes in for just one line.

Was that tease at the end not for another episode?

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Is there any reasoning to which actors did VO work vs which stuff was done by impersonators?  Just general contact weirdness, I suppose?  Because on one hand, I'm thinking "well of course they wouldn't pay Dave Batista for a one minute cameo."  But then, in the same episode, Kurt Russell comes in for just one line.

I’m sure there was some sort of reasoning, but they haven’t said what it is. IIRC, Batista said he wasn’t even asked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I suspect it's contract related. If the contract said 3 movies and nothing else, then that's it. If the contract said 4 movies and other duties as assigned, well then....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Was that tease at the end not for another episode?

It might be in Season 2 or something, but what's left of this season doesn't feature Quill or Ego as far as I know.

• Like 1

The ending was bleak, but it still had a… somewhat.. happy ending, since Strange Supreme realized just how far gone he really was and stuff.

But yeah that was just as dark as the last episode, or the ending of the T’Challa one.

Really liked this latest episode whereas the previous ones just didn't do it for me, they almost felt too Disney? Maybe it's the animation style combined with the corny jokes but it's one thing when a live-action person deadpans a bad joke, and another one an overly animated face gives a huge wink and nod to said joke. Give me more stuff like Strange ruining an entire universe. 

15 minutes ago, Matt D said:

The Strange vs Strange element didn’t work for me. I would have rather seen someone else try to stop him. Maybe an Ancient One recruited Iron Man.

They could have used mordo of all people. Or had Dormammu turn babyface to save the universe. Or introduced Clea. 

• Like 1

I didn't expect the zombie virus to come from the Quantum Realm. Wasp doing the Ant-Man/Thanos meme to Sharon Carter is fucking hilarious, Okoye slicing Falcon clean in half was something ("That was your friend, I'm sorry." / "I should feel bad, but I don't."), Vision being a monster and feeding parts of T'Challa and other humans to a zombie Wanda, and then Vision just straight up just kills himself... and to top it all off, ZOMBIE THANOS, with the Infinity Gauntlet nearly completed, ends the episode.

In the original Marvel Zombies, it's Janet who is a disembodied head, and Hank is the one that's a zombie as Giant-Man. This time around, it's Scott Lang's head in a jar, and Hope is the one that goes gigantic and turns into a zombie. I believe Black Panther doesn't get turned in the comics, too. At least that's what Reddit tells me, I've never read the series.

Wild shit, man. Might be my favorite episode outside of the T'Challa as Star Lord one.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The 9 year old will be annoyed with me but there's no way I'm having her watch this. She gave me the line of "Pfft, I saw the episode of My Little Pony where they all pretended to be zombies."

Yeah, no.

I don't even know when we'll watch it. I'm in no rush. Doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2021 at 7:00 PM, odessasteps said:

They could have used mordo of all people. Or had Dormammu turn babyface to save the universe. Or introduced Clea. 

Hey...yeah...why would Dormammu just stand idly by and let Strange consume all of these mystical beings and destroy that universe? Seems like a good opportunity for the big guy to say, naw, fuck this, spike Strange, and take over things itself.

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

The 9 year old will be annoyed with me but there's no way I'm having her watch this. She gave me the line of "Pfft, I saw the episode of My Little Pony where they all pretended to be zombies."

Yeah, no.

I don't even know when we'll watch it. I'm in no rush. Doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.

Yeah, my 4 year old may have to sit this one out.  He also won't be happy. 

I'm not the best parent when it comes to what I let him watch.  He loves Jaws and, after seeing the second half of Creed, he wants to watch all of the Rocky movies (he also wants to get a heavy bad and a speed bag for the basement gym).

But, this sounds like it could be a little disturbing for a little guy that loves these heroes.

• Like 1