DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2021

The Natural

16 minutes ago, AxB said:

So Excalibur and Taz have to fly out to TV on Wednesdays and Fridays, and then go to Orlando to do Dark tapings on what used to be their days off as well? Or are they going to do the WCW Worldwide thing and tape months' worth of Dark at a time?

You can always do what WWF did which was tape 3 or 4 shows in one taping cycle. You can even recycle the same enhancement talent. That way, you technically only lose one day as opposed to 3 or 4.

Also, do the commentators have to be onscreen? WWF always did the terrible green screen and superimposed the commentators. During the Raw tapings around 94-96, when they panned to ringside, you never saw a commentary table. Just disembodied voices because Vince was losing his ass financially, but still wanted to pretend the commentary was live and not dubbed in that morning in Stamford.

Stoked to see how they set up or dress the studio.  WMC TV 5 style?  WTBS style?  Please not Disney Worldwide.  An ECW at Center stage feel would be nice.  Daydreaming Dave Brown and Corey Maclin becoming All Elite.  RIP Lance, you will always be ichiban.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

It's definitely a French to Japanese to English thing, then. @Jiji's "Knuckle Arrow" call was actually what I was trying to think of when I was writing it. Did Ex ever call a running knee to the body a Kitchen Sink?

vnt3tlszk6ez.gif

My tell for that was calling a reverse atomic drop a Manhatten drop.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Reportedly, the plan is to tape Rampage after Dynamite, except on special occasions. So that's less travel. (Though maybe presents a challenge in pacing, for the TV audience vs the live audience.)

Oh boy. They better get way better at pacing Dynamite if this week is anything to go by. I am also weak and will likely be unable to avoid clicking on "AEW Rampage spoilers," so that sucks too. People have been decent, even on twitter, about not spoiling tonight's episode so that's good for those that want to go in clean. 

And, yeah, I hope it is very much WCW at the MGM kind of feel. 

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Oh boy. They better get way better at pacing Dynamite if this week is anything to go by. I am also weak and will likely be unable to avoid clicking on "AEW Rampage spoilers," so that sucks too. People have been decent, even on twitter, about not spoiling tonight's episode so that's good for those that want to go in clean. 

And, yeah, I hope it is very much WCW at the MGM kind of feel. 

I read them on cagematch.net.  SHOCKING!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AxB said:

So Excalibur and Taz have to fly out to TV on Wednesdays and Fridays, and then go to Orlando to do Dark tapings on what used to be their days off as well? Or are they going to do the WCW Worldwide thing and tape months' worth of Dark at a time?

I have no idea what the capabilities are as far as AEW's production truck / having a recording room available. But it's also possible they can record the commentary on Dynamite & Rampage days in their down time. Call time is like 1PM and Taz & Excalibur have plenty of time to voice the next week's Dark episode / Tony & Show for Elevation before Dynamite goes live. Would save them a travel day / off day doing it that way. Not quite as good as doing it live and being able to feel the emotion. But it's Dark & Elevation, these are mostly enhancement matches. So that's probably not a big concern.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Shiiiiit....I remember those outdoor Worldwides at MGM looking mad cool. Looking forward to see their interpretation of studio/Universal Studios wrestling. 

Hate to be the Debbie Downer, but won't it just be in a studio ala TNA? I don't think it will be outdoors as an attraction like the Nitros they did. Will probably be like Worldwide inside with the rotating ring.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Hate to be the Debbie Downer, but won't it just be in a studio ala TNA? I don't think it will be outdoors as an attraction like the Nitros they did. Will probably be like Worldwide inside with the rotating ring.

I hope Tony springs for the rotating ring.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, The Natural said:

E95OrADVgAkCe0g?format=jpg&name=small

Miro, the Reedemer and TNT Champion.

For a devout man like Eddie Kingston, it must be a confusing situation to be beating the everloving fuck out of the Redeemer and God's favourite wrestler! Not that it will stop him...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I mean, she also said she wanted to wrestle Charlotte Flair so I wouldn’t look too much into this.

I'm not, but at this stage I feel like she's got a better shot wrestling Charlotte than Mayu. 

• Like 1

One piece of little info from that ComicCon panel that I don't think has been talked about is that Thunder Rosa was heaping praise and stuff onto CM Punk and almost made him cry backstage before he went out in front of the crowd. That's sweet.

There's another panel floating around from a few weeks ago with Tay, Sammy & Darby that's really sweet. Tay spends a good chunk of the video telling Sammy to stop cursing because there are kids in the audience. Darby is 100% his character, he's so weird and awkward when he talks but it's kind of endearing I dunno. It's odd.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jiji said:

Probably still some lingering regrets over the one tour she did for Stardom. The RISE crew were cursed with injuries before and during so only Dust/Zoey Skye managed to actually finish said tour (and make several more). Shotzi Blakcheart was injured before it.

7 hours ago, alstein said:

I'd rather see Britt against Deathmatch Tam.

They had a 8-9 minute match in the final of a mini-tournament between Stardom and RISE.

Edited by Eivion

TK wants to run Craven Cottage in the UK "soon", apparently. He also said Double or Nothing will likely return to Las Vegas next year, and he wants to run shows in California around that same time.

He also did the - more or less - "no comment, I can't speak on that" thing he did whenever asked about CM Punk, with Bryan Danielson questions, in his interview with the Observer.

• Like 4

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
38 minutes ago, Casey said:

TK wants to run Craven Cottage in the UK "soon", apparently. He also said Double or Nothing will likely return to Las Vegas next year, and he wants to run shows in California around that same time.

He also did the - more or less - "no comment, I can't speak on that" thing he did whenever asked about CM Punk, with Bryan Danielson questions, in his interview with the Observer.

Haven't been to the Cottage in years but it's a snug ground and would be a good spot for a show.

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

2 hours ago, Casey said:

*grumbles* first California show three years in *kicks the dirt*