DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2021

The Natural

3 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

What a fucking shitty thing to be shitty about. Punk debuts in four minutes and Tony's feeling it. Jesus. You post hundreds of times a week about wrestling on the same boards he did and he's a "vampire" like, if this is not the right night to be positive then when? When ever?

I'm highly positive. I'm sorry you feel this way. 

9 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I've imagined Bryan debuting as a surprise at All Out, leading in to Bryan/Omega at the Queens show. But there are so many possibilities and directions they can go with tons of options. 

Yeah, if DB debuts soon it will probably be at the PPV.  TK is an old school mark and seems to adhere to the sacred hometown hero goes over philosophy, but I don't think that AEW will be in Washington state anytime soon.  Khan likes to tighten the screws so it would be logical to follow up Punk on free TV with American Dragon at All Out.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I've imagined Bryan debuting as a surprise at All Out, leading in to Bryan/Omega at the Queens show. But there are so many possibilities and directions they can go with tons of options. 

9 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

They had to do Punk a specific time and place once they committed. I know people keep talking about Grand Slam, but they can play it a lot looser with Danielson.

33 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, if DB debuts soon it will probably be at the PPV.  TK is an old school mark and seems to adhere to the sacred hometown hero goes over philosophy, but I don't think that AEW will be in Washington state anytime soon.  Khan likes to tighten the screws so it would be logical to follow up Punk on free TV with American Dragon at All Out.

My suggestion in the AEW Rampage: The First Dance thread which went down well:

Fantasy Booking: All Out ends with a countdown clock to AEW Grand Slam and when it runs out, it's the Final Countdown as the song plays as Bryan Danielson debuts in AEW  Yeah, it's Chris Jericho Millennium Clock all over again but it hasn't been done since.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Fantasy Booking: All Out ends with a countdown clock to AEW Grand Slam and when it runs out, it's the Final Countdown as the song plays as Bryan Danielson debuts in AEW  Yeah, it's Chris Jericho Millennium Clock all over again but it hasn't been done since.

Hey we’re well past the seven years between unique angles ruling.

Also, I cannot wait for Bryan Danielson on BTE. More batshit insane corpsing segments about bees and dolphins.

• Like 3

See, a lot of people are pitching the idea that Danielson has a stable of technical submission guys around him, like Garcia and Yuta. But if they lean into silly Danielson and put him with the babyface half of the divided Dark Order (Silver & Reynolds & 5), that would also work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeathyBoy said:

Hey we’re well past the seven years between unique angles ruling.

Also, I cannot wait for Bryan Danielson on BTE. More batshit insane corpsing segments about bees and dolphins.

Well, since you mention that, AEW should also totally bring in Paul London, even if it's just an agent, since I think his in-ring career is finished. He already had that job in Lucha Underground. If you're talking about guys, that have been treated like shit by the other company, nobody fits that description more than him. He's someone that should be talked about in the same vein as Danielson, Punk, Styles, Samoa Joe and other guys of that generation, but instead just became a footnote in the history of wrestling. Nobody deserves a (semi-) happy ending more than him. 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, The Z said:

Well, since you mention that, AEW should also totally bring in Paul London, even if it's just an agent, since I think his in-ring career is finished. He already had that job in Lucha Underground. If you're talking about guys, that have been treated like shit by the other company, nobody fits that description more than him. He's someone that should be talked about in the same vein as Danielson, Punk, Styles, Samoa Joe and other guys of that generation, but instead just became a footnote in the history of wrestling. Nobody deserves a (semi-) happy ending more than him. 

Absolutely. London would fit the vibe of AEW perfectly. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

There are two many extra people in AEW.  Like Reba, Chavo and that extra guy with Andrade, Penta's interpreter, Cutler, Nakazawa, Hook, etc. 

Debut Punk against Arlovski and Junior Dos Santos.  Avenge those UFC losses!!!

I’d keep adding people to Andrade’s entourage. Ric Flair as his “drip” consultant, see if the guy who plays Dario Cueto will come in and be his “financial advisor,” Melissa Santos as his personal ring announcer, and keep Chavo. He can be in the background yelling about how they’re spending too much money. Maybe I’m getting a little carried away, but Andrade needs to feel like the biggest deal possible at all times.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Infinit said:

Look at what's on the calendar...Milwaukee will be mental. Chicago will be Chicago. Cincinnati will be hot, post PPV and homecoming for Mox. Then Newark, NYC, Rochester, Philly. 

We are in for some ????!

FWIW because people usually forget, but post-PPV Dynamites tend to be their cool down show where not a lot happens, but seeds get planted for the future. They're mostly forgettable. 

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

FWIW because people usually forget, but post-PPV Dynamites tend to be their cool down show where not a lot happens, but seeds get planted for the future. They're mostly forgettable. 

True, though the Pinnacle came together on the post Revolution show this year. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

After I re-watched it, I did get a chuckle out of the "I love you" like he was a rock star or something.

He sounded like The Simpsons squeaky voiced teenager at a high school battle of the bands.

Just occurred to me the potential for a full Straight Edge Society reunion is right there!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

All this time, I thought that "Got to give the people what they want" was just the line Excalibur said when Best Friends did their group hug spot. But as it turns out, it's actually AEW's whole booking philosophy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The Natural said:

Yes, yes, please let's keep willing Danielson's debut at Queens into existence.  I am not working the next day and don't care if I lose my voice.  So might as well empty the tank even from the nosebleeds.  Sorry, Eddie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AxB said:

All this time, I thought that "Got to give the people what they want" was just the line Excalibur said when Best Friends did their group hug spot. But as it turns out, it's actually AEW's whole booking philosophy.

Who the hell would have ever thought that giving the audience what it wants would turn out to produce positive results? Getting people pumped up for something, then delivering exactly that, the right way, and building up for more to come. Leaving the "customer" both satisfied AND looking forward to more in the future? This is a very daring new strategy and I find it odd that no one in the history of ever has had the balls to try it before this.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

I'm thinking AEW should consider making Rampage two hours and almost putting that head to head with SmackDown. Their roster is so ridiculously stacked, and with potentially a couple of other names to be added.