DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2021

The Natural

1 hour ago, DangerMark said:

I swear the guy out of Kreator did a similar bit on stage once (in the bit, he was talking to an interviewer) and he finished with "I TELL YOU NOW THAT I HAVE LIED TO THE MOTHERFUCKER! I FEEL IT IS A GREAT...

PLEASURE...

TO...

KILL!!!"

No idea why that popped into my head.

I don't get it, why was Mille performing an interview onstage? 

Actually kinda agree with the Punk hot take, I never thought he was the god that everyone claims anyway (then again I only ever saw him in WWE). It's fun to get caught up in everyone's hype though. 

11 minutes ago, Log said:

I'm not necessarily super-excited for Punk himself.  I'm more excited that there's something exciting going on in pro wrestling.  It's been a while since that's happened.

That’s a really good way to put it. I’m also definitely more excited for something big to happen than for Punk himself.

1 hour ago, Gorman said:

True, but strangely enough, that's what happened with the Acclaimed. When Big Show interviewed them on Elevation, they said they had been singles wrestlers and didn't team up until they got to AEW.

'Tis true. Max was part of The Shook Crew with Bryce Donovan and Bobby Orlando

EBI6VbPX4AUKD9a.jpg

• Like 1

They don't announce every signing immediately. Bear Country aren't officially All Elite yet, for example. But they've been on the Lexy Nair show and AEW Unrestricted already.

Caster and Bowens were having a pretty lengthy feud against each other (in one US indy) before Covid shut everything down. Although Drew Cordeiro (Beyond Wrestling) did say he was planning on putting them in a team eventually, at some point in 2020.  

I like Max Caster. I hope he doesn't get released. 

Then again, I also remember Bubba Ray calling female FANS in attendance sluts and talking about how they'd suck dick for money to ECW crowds. Now I'm not saying we haven't "advanced" from that heat - but let's maybe take a step back. Was what Max said insensitive? Maybe, depending on how you feel about the Duke LAX false accusations, but I do think there's a little bit of a line here where people are calling for his head (Twitter). Same with the Julia stuff. Unless someone knows Julia Hart personally and talked to her, I feel the white knighting is a little unnecessary. It IS still a TV show at the end of the day and technically a "promo" between two characters.

There, now that I have white knighted for Max Caster (lol) - I'm glad 2.0 got signed. Love those guys. So much so, I think if/when they get a shirt - that'll be my next purchase.

Edited by Krone Meltzer
  • Like 4

That Kaz/Cutler match really was great. It’s kinda weird that they spent a solid year telling a story about Cutler becoming a respectable lower-card wrestler and now he’s a just a scaredy-cat goofball, but he is pretty incredible in this role.  He put on a master class in stooge bumping in this match.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't get it, why was Mille performing an interview onstage?

He wasn't. He was on stage, talking about an interview he'd given where he said that he didn't really want to murder everyone and bathe in their blood and all that other good stuff, and that actually it was all life affirming stuff (pretty much word for word what AxB said,) but then said it was all a lie to lead into the song.

Reading what I wrote back, maybe I didn't make that clear.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So what if... WHAT IF... Danielson shows up by choking out Justin Roberts yet again?

Things that make you go HMMM

As soon as "The Final Countdown" hits, Justin needs to take off his tie immediately.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DangerMark said:

Reading what I wrote back, maybe I didn't make that clear.

I figured it out after the fact. Brainfart. 

2 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I also remember Bubba Ray calling female FANS in attendance sluts and talking about how they'd suck dick for money to ECW crowds.

As I remember it he actually said there was a mom in the front row who taught her daughter to suck dick. That's... a bit worse. But then that was at Heat Wave so the other times was probably just the regular shows, he had to up the ante for the PPV! ?

Edited by Curt McGirt

On 8/17/2021 at 3:21 PM, Ryan Faulconer said:

Caster and Bowens could have been  a really good first night confrontation for a certain returning Chicagoan on Friday’s Rampage.  

Punk taking out Caster  would be really low stakes for his first night in AEW.  Punk cutting off one of Max’s “controversial” raps would kill a lot of birds while using very few stones. This is only the first idea to come to mind when thinking about both Caster’s predicament and Punk’s impending debut.  If Caster isn’t “working” us then he has bungled his future success in AEW.  His maturity combined with his rap subjects have dove-tailed and show the world how immature and stubborn he can be.  

There are probably at least ten wrestlers in AEW that they can team with Bowens as Max’s replacement in The Acclaimed or whatever new gimmick they use now.  The rapping gimmick has reached its peak potential.  Caster was putting more effort into being topical rather than antagonistic towards his opponents anyway.  Only Julia Hart got any focus and really…He couldn’t make any rhymes about a pretty girl without gunning the engines and going for something that was just plain tacky and ridiculously inappropriate for television.

I thought this too. Darby’s in the ring waiting for the reveal. The Acclaimed come out and rap about the audience being morons for wanting cm punk when the real stars are right there! “Cult of Personality” hits, Punk & Darby clean house. There’s your first little mini program.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I'd say it's safe to assume we have an incomplete view of the progression of CM Punk's mindset with regard to wrestling over the last seven+ years and decrying his lack of passion currently might be a tad premature. 

Well, we'll revisit this topic in two years or so. But just for example, speaking from personal experience, when I interviewed Punk in 2018 I was told beforehand that talking about wrestling was off-limits. 

49 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Well, we'll revisit this topic in two years or so. But just for example, speaking from personal experience, when I interviewed Punk in 2018 I was told beforehand that talking about wrestling was off-limits. 

I mean to be fair, I can kind of understand why. The guy had quit four years earlier and people would just relentlessly badger him about coming back. I'm sure at some point it gets annoying hearing it everywhere.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 5:05 PM, Jiji said:

This sucks if him refusing sensitivity training and resorting to this passive aggressive bullshit is for true. 

I made a comment on Dark that I guess went out over the air that I am deeply ashamed of. If I have hurt anyone out there, I can't tell you how much I say from the bottom of my heart I'm so very, very sorry. I pride myself and think of myself as a man of faith, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that'll be a home run. And so that'll make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm going to be putting on these tights again. I don't know if it's going to be for The Acclaimed. I don't know if it's going to be for my bosses at AEW.

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I mean to be fair, I can kind of understand why. The guy had quit four years earlier and people would just relentlessly badger him about coming back. I'm sure at some point it gets annoying hearing it everywhere.

Sure I can understand it, but it's also frustrating when I can't ask CM Punk a single question about wrestling when the whole reason we know his name is directly because of professional wrestling. If the directive was, don't ask him questions about returning to wrestling or WWE, I would've been fine with that. 

I watched Dark for maybe th second or third time and damn, that was a fun show. Commentary was fun and breezy. It really was like watching the C-shows of yesteryear. The Wingmen were great. Loved their theme music and I wouldn't be mad seeing them weekly. Loved J.D. Drake in his Big Bubba/Mr. Hughes outfit. As a few other posters said, the Cutler/Kaz match was high quality comedy. 

Upcoming Dark Elevation spoilers:

Spoiler

Anthony Bowens had a singles match against Dante Martin. Crowd chanted "WE WANT MAX!" during Bowens' intro. Sadly, no Chaos Project or Wingmen for this episode, but there is Best Friends, Death Triangle, and Dark Order. ALL OF THE CROWD DANCED TO ANGELICO's THEME WHEN HE CAME OUT.

And speaking of the last bit -

Spoiler

They filmed a segment at the end of the main event teasing dissension in the Dark Order between Uno and Five.

Edited by The Green Meanie

IT will be interesting to see if the Bowens/Martin match airs.   If it doesn't, then something major is going on- either big angle or he's really being stupid.  It's clear Max was at least over as a midcard act ,and as such, he likely could make money on the indies for a while.

3 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Upcoming Dark Elevation spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Anthony Bowens had a singles match against Dante Martin. Crowd chanted "WE WANT MAX!" during Bowens' intro. Sadly, no Chaos Project or Wingmen for this episode, but there is Best Friends, Death Triangle, and Dark Order. ALL OF THE CROWD DANCED TO ANGELICO's THEME WHEN HE CAME OUT.

And speaking of the last bit -

Reveal hidden contents

They filmed a segment at the end of the main event teasing dissension in the Dark Order between Uno and Five.

We'll see how it is for the Dante/Bowens match but I really just want to see the crowd dancing to Angelico's theme.  It's one of those underrated themes where it's not one tiny bit iconic or anything yet it's just easy to get into.

As for Uno and V they've been teasing that when V would stick with Sammy's vlog.  Page's request was a way to shift that from some comedy bit to something more substantial.  And of anybody I can see V eventually leaving the group which will put the group in further disarray.

The DO split is Uno, Grayson and Vance on one side and Silver, Reynolds and Angels on the other. They started teasing that last year, like September/ October time, where Brodie was happy with one half and not the other. Then stopped the angle when Brodie got sick and stopped appearing, dropped it after he passed, and only now are they bringing it back up (Silver and Reynolds wanted to save Hangman from the beatdown, Uno and Stu stopped them).