DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2021

The Natural

I hope Max Caster isn’t actually suspended. I saw some a wrestling journalist that is usually credible report the Acclaimed were on ice, less reputable sites the suspension.

When it was a taped show and he was trending because of the promo days before Dark (and even discussed here) and you still air it…The negative backlash isn’t Caster’s fault, it’s AEW managements fault. 

That said The Acclaimed being away for awhile while of these rumored debuts are scheduled to happen the next month might actually benefit them in the long run since they’d likely be overshadowed by the debuting stars. 

• Like 1

Does Jungle Boy not cut promos?  There was a segment about that on Wrestling Observer a month or so back, and I kinda just dismissed it and didn't pay much attention.  But.... I can't remember him talking in any of the segments I've seen lately.  Is my memory just bad or is he not cutting promos at all?  Metlzer or Alvarez said something about him not being comfortable on the mic and not wanting to do it, and kinda implied that would hold him back.  

I feel like not talking could fit the gimmick (I kinda wish Sabu had never talked on camera), but it also doesn't make sense when the guy with the Dinosaur gimmick cuts promos.

Edited by Eoae

The dinosaur guy could stand to talk less. Speaking of which, new rankings.

I take their jump from fourth to first in a week's time to mean that Jurassic Express challenging for the tag belts is on the horizon. Re-match from last year's All Out.

Edited by John from Cincinnati

18 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Holy shit did you guys see the knees Spears hit on the jobber on Dark? He grabs the arm, and wraps it on the top rope like he’s chicken winnging it, and then tees off on the head.

Cool move.  The Pinnacle version of Shawn Spears does seem to be stepping up his game.  I kinda dig this Wardlow-Spears team.  

I only skimmed Dark, but from what I saw Invictus Khash was very impressive in that bout with Darby.  2.0 are just wonderful.  I love this team.  Matt Lee is a blossoming superstar.  The Dark draw for me was Daniel Garcia-Fuego which, for what it was, did not disappoint.  Lucha Bros-Wingmen was also pretty strong.  Not yet sold on Yuta, but his fundamentals are solid.  On the otherhand, not a Chuck Taylor hater, but if ever a guy could have used a skill sharpening developmental stay.  Check out this lazy play time set-up for the silly string... https://youtu.be/7tVmiAoFIhg?t=6361

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Does Jungle Boy not cut promos?  There was a segment about that on Wrestling Observer a month or so back, and I kinda just dismissed it and didn't pay much attention.  But.... I can't remember him talking in any of the segments I've seen lately.  Is my memory just bad or is he not cutting promos at all?  Metlzer or Alvarez said something about him not being comfortable on the mic and not wanting to do it, and kinda implied that would hold him back.  

I feel like not talking could fit the gimmick (I kinda wish Sabu had never talked on camera), but it also doesn't make sense when the guy with the Dinosaur gimmick cuts promos.

He needs a manager. Maybe an odd couple type pairing? How about Jungle Boy and the Nature Boy?

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

I think he had some talking segments with Kenny Omega leading up to their match (they weren’t memorable). I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone who has a such a cool aura about them be so dull when he opens his mouth. It’s kind of crazy.

17 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I think he had some talking segments with Kenny Omega leading up to their match (they weren’t memorable). I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone who has a such a cool aura about them be so dull when he opens his mouth. It’s kind of crazy.

Not too different from his dad really.

1 hour ago, punkenhead said:

He needs a manager. Maybe an odd couple type pairing? How about Jungle Boy and the Nature Boy?

I think we've seen that movie.  It ends with Ric getting himself over and Jungle Boy getting repackaged as JB Wallstreet.

Can Marko talk?  I know I've seen Luchasaurus cut a promo, but I don't he's even been a memorable promo.  It seems like, with a gimmick like Jurassic Express, you could bring in someone who could talk.  At the end of the day, though, Jungle Boy is probably best suited to be a babyface and I can't think of that many babyfaces who had a manager do all their talking.  

On the plus side, lack of mic skills might keep Vince from trying to poach him.  I know he's probably short but I'll be surprised if WWE doesn't go after MJF whenever his contract comes up.

(MJF is billed at 5'11 so I'm guessing he's more like 5'8")

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Natural said:
CM Punk's right.

Too true. I'm pretty sure I used Punk's words verbatim on here before, but obviously not a unique point of view.

I'm an unashamed CM Punk fan.

Basically it was CM Punk, Samoa Joe, and the No Mercy Zone Invision message board/modding scene (and modding said wrestlers and moves into the emulated N64 game) that kept my wrestling fandom alive through '04-'06. 

I have to admit to going down a Youtube rabbit hole last weekend watching MOTB 2011 entrance -> debut of cult of personality entrance music -> live performances of Living Color (*they've still got it clap-clap-clap-clap-clap*) and giddy at the thought of the Chicago crowd going BANANA. Just look at Britt's ovation this week for god's sake. And him looking so happy and healthy now, it just feels like the time is just ripe for a return. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Custos said:

Too true. I'm pretty sure I used Punk's words verbatim on here before, but obviously not a unique point of view.

I'm an unashamed CM Punk fan.

Basically it was CM Punk, Samoa Joe, and the No Mercy Zone Invision message board/modding scene (and modding said wrestlers and moves into the emulated N64 game) that kept my wrestling fandom alive through '04-'06. 

I have to admit to going down a Youtube rabbit hole last weekend watching MOTB 2011 entrance -> debut of cult of personality entrance music -> live performances of Living Color (*they've still got it clap-clap-clap-clap-clap*) and giddy at the thought of the Chicago crowd going BANANA. Just look at Britt's ovation this week for god's sake. And him looking so happy and healthy now, it just feels like the time is just ripe for a return. 

Thank you for sharing. Hope you enjoy this:

• Thanks 1

Dwayne Johnson's lucky the Cancel Culture mob weren't out in force during his day. He'd have been off TV quicker than he could eat a piece of pie. Acclaimed have never really fit AEW anyway. Would Caster be picked up by WWE? Questionable, but he'd be a far better fit there anyway.