DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2021

The Natural

Going to AEW's website to see if Caster was still listed was fruitless, as they haven't updated affiliations or roster in a while (but do update records). However, I was shocked to see that Stu and Uno are 10-0 in trios matches. For the life of me, I can't remember them in that many trios matches. I guess the fact that they are listing trios records lends credence to the notion that they are about to introduce a trios title. While that would be a welcome addition, I would still love to see a TV title that is required to be defended on either Dynamite or Rampage every week...kind of a continuation of Cody's open challenges for the TNT title. 

@punkenheadNo attack on you my man. Even I thought they would have trios belts sooner at one point because of that being a recorded record. I guess they didn’t want to introduce too many belts too soon, and also emphasize two men’s singles belts.

I hope this promotion gets all Dragon Gate crazy at one point with these factions.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Seems like Max is being put on time out/sensitivity training (the Sammy Guevara treatment)

Probably good for his career to get a slap on the wrist/small suspension, and come back stronger/angrier.   I'd like to see an Acclaimed come back that is angry at management and willing to take it out on teams.

• Like 1

The Sammy Vlog this week is 28 minutes, and is mostly the Fuego funeral (they did the Vince limo explosion angle with him last week). But it does feature Juventud Guerrera and Vary Morales doing the 'looking in a mirror' spot.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, alstein said:

Seems like Max is being put on time out/sensitivity training (the Sammy Guevara treatment)

Probably good for his career to get a slap on the wrist/small suspension, and come back stronger/angrier.   I'd like to see an Acclaimed come back that is angry at management and willing to take it out on teams.

I’d like Caster to go completely Honky Tonk Man(Since he’s inspired by him in certain aspects), and find excuses not to rap for the fans.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, alstein said:

I didn't see much of Honky in Max,  probably because Max was actually entertaining and can go some.

Honkytonk Man was exactly as entertaining as he should have been, which was not at all. The point of the character was that he was contemptible, not entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Stop spewing lies, you fiend.

I guess I was different, I wanted my heels to be folks I could respect for their ability.  I wasn't a WWF fan as a kid, precisely because of all the stooges who could only stooge and all the lumbering giants.  I was that weird NC kid who liked Bill Watts and UWF stuff.

I did like a few WWF folks, and Bret got me to like watching his stuff, and I enjoyed Perfect, Kerry, and a few others, but in general it was my least favorite of all the promotions I got to watch as a kid.

Edited by alstein

Add Joey Sweets to my list of guys I'm intrigued about. Also glad to see Jake Manning back. Really liked the combination of Jay Freddie & Marcus Kross, Freddie really surprised me being a bit of a firecracker.

Dark Elevation was squash match-tastic, but Eddie was genius on commentary. However this week's episode of Dark topped it, it was pretty much (mostly) Tazz corpsing all night, which is always welcome.

They've announced that the guest on the next Unrestricted is going to be Antony Bowens, by himself. So it looks like Max Caster has been sent to horny jail for a bit.