DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2021

The Natural

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, I'm not trying to understand where some misogynist stuck in a wrestling bubble is coming from. I know where they're coming from and it's no place I want to be. Nice try though.

You're also at least intelligent enough to not be cool with low hanging fruit, misogyny, and making fun of mental health.

I'm not endorsing any such thing, including the perspective of the post of Bryan's you quoted. But "if the heel gets people riled up, it's good heel work" is so deeply baked into stupid wrestling discourse that I'd think captain "understand where people are coming from" would have a better way of engaging with such ideas than essentially saying "you're a drooling fucking oaf" and moving along. But it seems some people who want to mouth off about who is and isn't being condescending think their perspective is so high and mighty that their own rules don't apply. 

Anyway, keep calling people condescending and "ghoulish" while casually telling others to fuck off at an impressive rate. All the better to make clear what your advice on such matters is worth. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

What's wrong with a good vagina joke? lol

I'm not really big on guys getting cheap heat for contunuously implying a 19 year old is having sex with both members of the tag team she's managing and then rapping about her personal hygine.

I've been beaten over the head with the dualing ideas that I'm supposed to be a pussy-pursuing crotch hound who should prioritize heterosexual intercourse over all things vs. a man's man who should give a hearty guffaw to any fellow brother disparaging the slightly more complicated genitalia of the half+ of the human population it's cool to humiliate. Heard that since elementary school. Fuck that shit, God bless vaginas and the people that possess them. I didn't come into this world on a hot July morning with my dad in stirrups getting pissed out of his dick. I know where I come from.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

So, they re-uploaded Dark with the Max Caster entrance removed.  Strange that they would see the backlash in advance of it airing, still air it, and then go "oops" in the same night.

It's a Work, innit?

Caster goes TOO FAR, people talk about it. AEW uploads it uncut, people talk about it some more. AEW deletes it and re-uploads it clean (once enough people have had time to rip and re-upload it dirty), people talk about it, and AEW is seen to have done the right thing.

NXT happens and doesn't trend on socials as high as it should, because wrestling twitter is too busy arguing about Max Caster. AEW wins.

Everyone got worked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They’ve said in interviews before that Caster runs all the raps by Tony Khan ahead of time, and that Tony often tells him to push things further. So, yeah, I think they got what they wanted out of it.

Caster probably comes out with tape over his mouth this week and doesn’t rap at all.

I'm not super offended by Caster's rap on Dark, or any of the Julia Hart stuff from the past few weeks, but last night's rap is made all the worse when you realize it was taped at an event where AEW was promoting the fact that they were donating money to Safe Alliance, a charity that focuses on domestic violence and sexual assault survivors. 

Edited by Casey
spelling
  • Like 4

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
8 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I'm not really big on guys getting cheap heat for contunuously implying a 19 year old is having sex with both members of the tag team she's managing and then rapping about her personal hygine.

I've been beaten over the head with the dualing ideas that I'm supposed to be a pussy-pursuing crotch hound who should prioritize heterosexual intercourse over all things vs. a man's man who should give a hearty guffaw to any fellow brother disparaging the slightly more complicated genitalia of the half+ of the human population it's cool to humiliate. Heard that since elementary school. Fuck that shit, God bless vaginas and the people that possess them. I didn't come into this world on a hot July morning with my dad in stirrups getting pissed out of his dick. I know where I come from.

See, these were good vagina jokes.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

They’ve said in interviews before that Caster runs all the raps by Tony Khan ahead of time, and that Tony often tells him to push things further.

It does not surprise me that Max has to write his lyrics down and cannot freestyle.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

They’ve said in interviews before that Caster runs all the raps by Tony Khan ahead of time, and that Tony often tells him to push things further. So, yeah, I think they got what they wanted out of it.

Caster probably comes out with tape over his mouth this week and doesn’t rap at all.

Injustice vs Acclaimed feud now!  (Seriously, Oliver and Myron Reed in AEW is something I want)

I definitely get why folks were upset, and it did go too far.  I'm just afraid Max will get punished for this, when he's been told to push it.  (The question is whether Julia was ok with all of this- I could see her feeling pressured into allowing it due to her being so new)

That said, if Max gets punished for in-character shittiness while he seems a like a good dude in-person, I'll be upset.  Especially when they're feuding with folks who aren't (just look at Pillman and Garrison's twitter likes and who they follow that aren't wrestlers)

Edited by alstein

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It does not surprise me that Max has to write his lyrics down and cannot freestyle.

I get it though to be fair when doing it on a national show that does make sense to clear it with the boss first.  In which case maybe it's best to just not do it at all.  Though if that led to him sticking with music videos on Dark that could work out worlds better as those are actually dare I say good.

Now for the love of everything I would be thrilled if we can shift gears to something else altogether.  So here's Sammy's vlog which I particularly loved for the birthday parts of it.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

I thought they ditched the AEW logo on the mat because wrestlers were slipping on it? UFC fighters still complain about the vinyl logos on their canvas. I don't know, I wouldn't want to introduce an element that could lead to something fucked up happening.

That's what I heard as well, so I am surprised they are going back to the logo on the canvas look for Rampage only. It will be a welcomed addition though as I personally enjoyed it before and it was one small thing that separates the north from the south if ya know what I'm saying.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

That's what I heard as well, so I am surprised they are going back to the logo on the canvas look for Rampage only. It will be a welcomed addition though as I personally enjoyed it before and it was one small thing that separates the north from the south if ya know what I'm saying.

With you on this 100%. I didn't even realize how much I missed it til I saw it on the mat for that Wardlow/Hager MMA fight. Maybe they've figured out some other printing method to get it on the canvas that makes it a bit less slick; I'd definitely be a little weirded out at sacrificing safety for (admittedly awesome) aesthetics, so that's my hope anyway.