DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Imagery

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Those low rings still bump the same as regular ring, but it's a mind fuck. I've had a bunch of matches in them and don't think I've ever had a good match in one. I just can't get my bearings. It messes up your flow when you look out at the fans and they are even with the middle rope. Less room on dives and any apron / top rope positioned moves. Basically just turns my equilibrium into a mess. Never really asked any other workers if they have that same issue or if it's a me thing. But no thank you to working in one of those for me.

Thanks for this.  I was wondering if those rings felt different.  I assumed they did and then figured that's why Paradigm started running more UWFI rules and hardcore matches -- less bumping and rope running ?

Just now, Rev Ray said:

I think will depend on the construction of them.  I remember a jersey j cup had one ring and something was screwed up that they had guys in the corners holding the posts.

Was that the one in '01 or '02 when the ropes were really droopy all night and fucked up everybody's spots?

I remember Quackenbush doing the 'step over the top rope' entrance over them and getting a pretty good laugh.

Oh man, looking at those old J-Cup rosters is a trip back in time.  Supreme Lee Great!  Qenaan Creed! Judas Young! Billy Reil! Dave Greco.

It looks like the '02 J-Cup is on IWTV so I'm gonna have to rewatch that.

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Oh man, looking at those old J-Cup rosters is a trip back in time.  Supreme Lee Great!  Qenaan Creed! Judas Young! Billy Reil! Dave Greco.

It looks like the '02 J-Cup is on IWTV so I'm gonna have to rewatch that.

Wut!?! Really!?! Cima right?

Edit: Oh wait, I read that wrong. My mind went quickly to the real one.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

PWI recognising the PAWD and IWTV titles as WORLD Championships.

Warhorse, Trish Adora, Jon Gresham, PWI Guy, Lee Moriarty, Orange Cassidy, Wheeler Yuta, Kris Statlander.

• Like 3

Not only should somebody be doing that now but I say it should be FTR tossing their opponent to Wardlow.

EDIT:  Well I tweeted it to them so if this happens we can all come back here and go "Good job, team!"

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 5