DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Imagery

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Not while piece of shit Sid Scala still works there. 

nb: She wrote a Speaking Out post about him, he sued her, WWE kept him on payroll the whole time (he's assistant to the GM of NXT-UK).

EDIT: Look at the replies:

Sid Scala, shitty scumbag.

• Thanks 1

oZZoXK.gif

They actually show a replay of the elbow DURING the match, which I can't remember ever seeing them do before. Watching Eaton do his stuff in Techwood was like watching an Old Master work with oils. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

They couldn’t raise those studio lights just a little bit higher? I mean I know they were filming basically out of the guest room, but still…

That reminds me of this: I have no idea what kind of building Paradigm Pro runs in Sellersburg, Indiana, but the ceiling is so low that they have to use a lower ring (no idea how that works but yes, the mat is only about a foot from the floor instead of the usual 3ish feet) and they still can't jump off the top rope!

Edited by Technico Support

14 hours ago, odessasteps said:

This doctor's video shows up in my feed. 

Wow, this guy is a doctor. Doesn't he know that pro wrestling is totally fake and these guys are just pretending to get injured? The craziest, most dedicated ones even fake their own deaths, apparently.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

That reminds me of this: I have no idea what kind of building Paradigm Pro runs in Sellersburg, Indiana, but the ceiling is so low that they have to use a lower ring (no idea how that works but yes, the mat is only about a foot from the floor instead of the usual 3ish feet) and they still can't jump off the top rope!

Chikara infamously used an ankle high ring for a lot of their early shows too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Chikara infamously used an ankle high ring for a lot of their early shows too.

The shortlived "George Championship Wrestling Superstars" brand extension where Jarretts guys taped TV for Georgia also used a very short ring as well. I assume it must have been taped in a lower ceiling building because neither Memphis or the main Georgia TV ever used it that I'm aware of.

EDIT: I'm wrong, the main Georgia TV also had the low ring at least at some points. It's there for the famous DiBiase piledriver angle.

Edited by Happ Hazzard
  • Like 1

Those low rings still bump the same as regular ring, but it's a mind fuck. I've had a bunch of matches in them and don't think I've ever had a good match in one. I just can't get my bearings. It messes up your flow when you look out at the fans and they are even with the middle rope. Less room on dives and any apron / top rope positioned moves. Basically just turns my equilibrium into a mess. Never really asked any other workers if they have that same issue or if it's a me thing. But no thank you to working in one of those for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1