DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Imagery

7 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

All these year later Paparazzi Productions is one of the 3 or 4 best things TNA, Kevin Nash or Alex Shelley ever did. 

Their segments were glorious deadpan humor. Alex Shelley is so underrated, between this and his stint in The Embassy in ROH he would make me laugh out loud every single show.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I tried watching that, but it didn’t set my world on fire. Stuff like Baki, Kengan Ashura, and Hajime No Ippo satisfy that pro wrestling anime niche without really being about pro wrestling.

It is from tiger mask w.  Episodes 6 specifically.   Apparently it is up on tubi and Pluto TV apps

14 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

All these year later Paparazzi Productions is one of the 3 or 4 best things TNA, Kevin Nash or Alex Shelley ever did. 

Seconded! I loved their interactions, probably the only thing keeping me watching during that after-school Fox Sports-era. I always thought a cool idea would've been to expand the MCMGs to a full stable with Nash and Rhyno, since they're both Detroit guys too. 

7 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

For like a year there I thought Shelley was going to be the next Jericho.

I don't know how true this is, but there was a rumor that Alex Shelley was supposed to be the one to beat Samoa Joe for the ROH title, but his TNA appearances were cutting into his time in ROH. In 2005, Shelley was pretty much F/T in ROH because Dusty was booking in TNA at the time and supposedly wasn't a fan of Shelley. Shelley beating Joe makes for an interesting alternate timeline. I assume he would have dropped the title to CM Punk. I think whomever was champion, if it wasn't Austin Aries, still would have dropped the title to Punk.

• Like 1