DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Imagery

MaeYoungcrotchchops.gif

I've been on the Mae Young crotch chop train for years. Glad that Deadlock bois jumped on this week, reviewing the Steph/Test wedding (boy howdy did they do Test dirty with that booking). 

• Like 1

19114393_w434_h_q80.jpg
Lino Ventura was a phenomenal actor, turning out one of the all time great performances in Jean-Pierre Melville’s ARMY OF SHADOWS.

Before turning to acting, he was a pro wrestler, and apparently a European champ. Couldn’t tell you anything about his career though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Control said:

19114393_w434_h_q80.jpg
Lino Ventura was a phenomenal actor, turning out one of the all time great performances in Jean-Pierre Melville’s ARMY OF SHADOWS.

Before turning to acting, he was a pro wrestler, and apparently a European champ. Couldn’t tell you anything about his career though.

The footage we have really starts in 56 so we probably just miss him.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

The footage we have really starts in 56 so we probably just miss him.

Yeah, he’s acting by that point. Too bad. He was apparently injured in 1950 by another wrestler who became an actor, Henri Cogan, who I guess paid him back by getting him Into show business.

I can’t find many details, though, and some sources seem to think he was a Greco-Roman wrestler and not a pro, so I don’t trust what’s out there in English.

7 hours ago, Jiji said:

I've been on the Mae Young crotch chop train for years. Glad that Deadlock bois jumped on this week, reviewing the Steph/Test wedding (boy howdy did they do Test dirty with that booking). 

"Welp, guess I'll go win the Hardcore Belt, that'll show 'em."

Except he didn't even really get to claim the "That'll Show 'Em" motive.