DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Imagery

41 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I checked the last few pages and didn't see it, but apologies if this has been posted recently. Came across it on twitter on Thursday, sorry for not knowing who posted it.

KonnanwithhairReyJra.jpeg

Incredible photo. Konnan throwing up the gang sign with the flowing hair looks like an even bigger star than he was bald, Rey lookin' 14 going on 45, Psicosis ready for 21 Jump Street. Konnan rules all day every day. Arriba la raza. 

So Egon Spangler became a luchador after they defeated Viggo the Carpathian

Harold_Ramis_as_Egon_Spengler.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

39 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

image0.jpg

When I saw this image my mind went the opposite way into "I wonder what the AEW rankings would look like if you only included televised matches" and it is equally hilarious. Three of the five ranked tag teams somehow haven't won a tag match on Dynamite all year. As always rankings are silly.

19 hours ago, The Natural said:

XmuZL5N.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=9880025

The Uranage. One of my favourite moves.

I was a big mark for Kenny bringing back the Golden Arm Bomber. Perfect counter for the Rainmaker.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2021 at 1:58 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, it's Durst (who looks like a kid snatcher with a van down by the river now, IMO). You can tell from the finger tattoos which I just translated as the title of the album Three Dollar Bill Y'all. (Why do I know the title of that album?)

Three Dollar Bill Y'all is a really good nu-metal album. Everything after...not so much.

On 8/7/2021 at 9:21 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

image0.jpg

I know it’s a photoshop, but are these records for real?

If so, I got a hypothetical question. If the Gunn Club jumped to the WWE, would they dominate Titan?

Edit: whoops Saw it was posted in the AEW thread.

It seems to be mostly right if you count everything; singles, tags, multiperson, intergender and the Rumble. I assume whoever did it just missed a couple matches when they were totaling it up.

Bianca Belair 20-6-2

Sasha Banks 4-7-1

Zelina Vega 0-5

Carmella 3-12

Liv Morgan 4-10

Toni Storm 1-0

If you just do singles and MitB only, presumably the only matches that would count in a ranking like this, you get;

Bianca Belair 16-0-2

Sasha Banks 3-4-1

Zelina Vega 0-4

Carmella 2-9

Liv Morgan 3-4

Toni Storm 1-0

Edited by elizium

On 8/7/2021 at 11:18 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I consider anything that is made available to the general public “Televised”, though. Unless you got an RF selling tapes online, house shows “don’t count”.

That is a fair belief to have, my issue with the AEW ranking is that for at least two of the divisions it is almost entirely based on what happens on Dark, the youtube only show a fraction of their audience actually watches, as opposed to the show all of their fans actually watch. Like if you only watch Dynamite you have likely never seen the Varsity Blonds win a match and they are the number 1 ranked tag team (that's even ignoring the silliness of reaching a #1 ranking when your biggest win is over like the Chaos Project). I legit think if you asked the million people who watch Dynamite to guess the rankings without watching Dark possibly none of them would be able to get it right and that's not good.

To me it's just dumb, but I also think that rankings always end up as dumb. Consider me an anti-ranking fellow. Graphic is still funny though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, username said:

That is a fair belief to have, my issue with the AEW ranking is that for at least two of the divisions it is almost entirely based on what happens on Dark, the youtube only show a fraction of their audience actually watches, as opposed to the show all of their fans actually watch. Like if you only watch Dynamite you have likely never seen the Varsity Blonds win a match and they are the number 1 ranked tag team (that's even ignoring the silliness of reaching a #1 ranking when your biggest win is over like the Chaos Project). I legit think if you asked the million people who watch Dynamite to guess the rankings without watching Dark possibly none of them would be able to get it right and that's not good.

To me it's just dumb, but I also think that rankings always end up as dumb. Consider me an anti-ranking fellow. Graphic is still funny though.

Actually if you notice during Dynamite they run a score bug graphic at the bottom that gives you results from Dark, along with the records following the matches. So even if they don’t watch Dark, they do give an update on the main program. They  also tend to mention how they’ve been on a “hot streak” on their flag ship, and sister shows. 

To me it’s all just extra seasoning, and I enjoy it. I’m happy TK is still committed to the bit, even when they stray from it with instant title challenges VIA battle royale, etc.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

12 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Could you *be* anymore 1992 WCW?!

tumblr_pkbt1dPeW51vn5u0to1_1280.png

When I read back in late '92 in a magazine that Greg Valentine & Terry Taylor had won the US tag team titles, I figured Taylor was still using the long robe (similar to what Greg is wearing) and thought they make a really good team that looks like a real team, since they dress the same way. So of course Taylor is using this fake tux and wears his hair differently (and it seems darker than usual, too)! So they ended up looking much more thrown together that they should have! I really like the idea of them teaming up, but way to ruin my mental image, guys! Well, Terry, anyway! Greg looks exactly the way he should!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Mariah May. Maybe Ace could hire her.

d07d3953b2187f6ea2d0bb6b17f2fbf9.jpg

Not while piece of shit Sid Scala still works there. 

nb: She wrote a Speaking Out post about him, he sued her, WWE kept him on payroll the whole time (he's assistant to the GM of NXT-UK).

EDIT: Look at the replies:

Edited by AxB