DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Discussion

2 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Hey, don’t kink shame. 

But, seriously, they couldn’t make it less gimpy, and more Muta inspired? Will kids be clamoring for gimp suspenders? Why do this, and not Mortis?

I'm not kink shaming, quite frankly I think it's about time WWE tries to create a little something for every demographic in their audience. Soon,  they'll eventually get to wrestling fans. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'm not kink shaming, quite frankly I think it's about time WWE tries to create a little something for every demographic in their audience. Soon,  they'll eventually get to wrestling fans. 

To be honest those fans are in that age range, and it’s not like they haven’t  done softcore stuff for the Alexa creeps out there.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

5 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Okay, I don't want to pile on WWE more than necessary but that's a pretty damn good line.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Looking forward to seeing this next week: NAME CALLING AND KINK SHAMING - SEPTEMBER 2021 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

guess they couldn't bring back the "Great Balls of Fire" PPV name for an Atlanta PPV

Not a bad historical pull here. 

38 minutes ago, supremebve said:

So the reports say Karrion Kross' new gear was introduced for merchandising purposes. So,  they think there is a pretty big WWE/S&M crossover audience? 

To be fair it probably fits more with what his girlfriend tends to wear than his usual gear.

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

The show with Joe Vs. Brock, and the only thing people talk about is the poster with two gigantic flaming balls underneath the chins of Joe, and Brock.

Joe/Brock was kind of disappointing so it makes sense the terrible name and aesthetics stick with people more.

Whether for merch purposes, or not, I don’t see a market clamoring for Karrion Kross merch. That dudes like a D- Player. 

In fact, I bet you the WWE could make more money selling stained white dress shirts, than selling Kross helmets.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Is there any wrestler in the world who has managed to have at least one match commentated upon by all five of Jim Ross, Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly?

I can think of loads who have 4/5ths of that list, but all 5?

Rey Mysterio, and probably all the Radicalz. Hogan, Flair, Foley… Maybe Steiner, but Kelly was probably gone when he got to the WWE.

Edit: Actually scratch Hogan, and Flair.

But Foley definitely worked syndicated shows with Kelly on commentary.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

Is there any wrestler in the world who has managed to have at least one match commentated upon by all five of Jim Ross, Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly?

I can think of loads who have 4/5ths of that list, but all 5?

AJ Styles.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Now who of the current crop of TV stars had Jimmy Hart managing them, or managing their opponents?

Probably cheating by saying these guys, but Sting and Dustin Rhodes at least. There's also a decent chance that your Bobby Roodes and AJ Styles and Chris Daniels' of the world did stuff on late-era WCW SN with some of his First Family guys, but nothing I can remember

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath