DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Discussion

I have followed pro wrestling since 1979. I have watched multiple shoot interviews. I read every post in the sleaze thread. I used to sling mud at RSPW. I thought I knew a thing or two about a thing or two. How had I never heard this story before? 

24 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

There are a lot of guys like that. The one that comes to mind the most for me is Tommy Gunn continually playing Salvatori Sincere, and the Patriot gimmick on the indies.

I think it's different if you're working matches with that gimmick.  Virgil just sets up his table and collects meat sauce money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morganti said:

Seeing Virgil set up on Vince's star got me thinking.  Other than Flair, is there anyone else who just couldn't let go of their 15 minute famous gimmick like Soul Man Jones has clung to that glimmer from being Dibiase's lackey?

Nick Dinsmore inexplicably continuing to do the Eugene gimmick after he left WWE?

• Sad 1

Playing catch-up with the endless Tanahashi interview on the New Japan site and caught something sleaze thread worthy, in a way haha

Tanahashi: I’d gotten into really good shape for that match, as cut as I could be. I actually happened to overhear Muto say to somebody else he would ‘kill for (my) body’. This guy they called ‘Sexual Tarzan!’  (laughs). That reminded me I was on the right track, and motivated me to get even better.

Ooooookay... that's a new one.

• Haha 1

What is a "black strip club"?

I've never known a strip club to discriminate by race... or is that just my NYC pre-Disney Times Square/Show World upbringing shining through?

James

Edited by J.H.

3 minutes ago, J.H. said:

What is a "blak strip club"?

I've never known a strip club to discriminate by race... or is that just NYC pre-Disney Times Square/Show World upbringing shining through?

James

I've been to a predominantly Latina strip club. The girls were hot as fuck, but they barely did anything and expected you to throw your dollars down. It was highly disappointing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've been to a predominantly Latina strip club. The girls were hot as fuck, but they barely did anything and expected you to throw your dollars down. It was highly disappointing. 

Ay papi

(waits for you to toss down hundreds)

The rules for the New Day’s PPV include an automatic DQ for being sour.

• Haha 1