DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Discussion

EDIT:  Had a bigger point to make but it's not worth it.  But It's quite simple.  Enjoy what you like and don't be a dick.  Life's too short and in the end nobody wins.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Well, then it worked based on the anti Becky chants tonight in Denver during Bianca's promo and match. And a few folks were doing it during Charlotte's match. BTW, 
the most over wrestlers were Orton, Rey, Charlotte Flair, Roman and Usos. But no one wasn't not over. Even Jinder got a great heel reaction.

What, just a triple negative? Why not throw an "ain't" in there to really befuddle people?

3 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I'm one voice in a sea of many. But I want to throw my support to the like what you like movement as well. Just don't expect others to have to like what you like too. That's where the disconnect is (at least from what I'm gleaning). 

As I said, having a different opinion isn't the issue for me. The harassment and name-calling is. If someone can't communicate without doing that, then it's a problem.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

If we're gauging the state that Jericho is in recently, I mean he doesn't look to be on the verge of spiking folks on their necks so he's got that going for him I guess ? 

I've seen several people say something along these lines and I have an honest question: I always thought that on this spot the person on the top rope was basically throwing themselves, like all those Flair matches and how many opponents weren't tall enough to really have the leverage to toss him in any way? If I'm wrong then please tell me, but this looks more like Lashley likely never having done that bump before and misjudging it than Goldberg doing much wrong, right?

FWIW there was a comment in one of the WWE show threads last week where I legit wanted to quote it and go "this is likely why all the people who say they don't hate WWE complain that it's not worth posting about it here anymore" so I definitely sympathize. 

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

As I said, having a different opinion isn't the issue for me. The harassment and name-calling is. If someone can't communicate without doing that, then it's a problem.

Sadly this paragraph works for a lot more than just wrestling these days. 

WWE Threads are empty, because NOTHING HAPPENS. It's fucking boring, for years now. 

Not AEW is the problem, your content is. 

Social media WWE does all these things right. There are so many awesome things there. It doesn't translate to TV sadly. 

UUDD shows those guys with their unique characters. 

I grew up with WWF, it's sad that I don't enjoy it anymore. And that's not because of the wrestlers. I enjoyed 1995 WWF... 

Edited by MoeCristyV.1.6
  • Like 5

“Something that a lot of people don’t know is I broke my neck two years ago. The last time I was on television on SmackDown, I think it was a segment involving — it was a B-Team segment involving Braun Strowman. I had a broken neck in that segment and I got time off after that to either re-break my neck and wear this whole construction thing so they would have to take me out for over a year or my neck had already started to heal incorrectly but it started to heal and I had the opportunity to rebuild the muscles around there and strengthen those so I did that and for nine months, I did that and got to 100 percent or what I felt like was 100 percent and as that happened, COVID hit and so like, I was hurt a year before COVID hit and then the chaos that-that created coming back. I’m in the best shape of my life and I have been for the past year, ready and willing to come back and do what I want to do and that just didn’t work out in WWE because it’s not what I wanted to do and whatever is happening next, that’s gonna be what I wanna do.

My neck was hurting really terribly bad one specific tour before I got it checked. We were over in Europe for two weeks and it was really bad and like, when you do a tour in Europe, it’s pretty rough because it’s 14 days, show every single day and the travel’s usually crazy. You can go from Italy to Germany to sometimes from Abu Dhabi to Germany. It’s all over the place. You don’t know where you’re gonna go and where you’re gonna be at the end of the night and my neck was killing me the whole time and like, I was voicing that to the locker room and we had a chiropractor that went everywhere with us or at least a couple shows in Europe and they were there at the show and all my friends were, ‘You need to go to see the chiropractor’ and I was [like], ‘You know what? It’s hurting terribly bad but for some reason it feels like a bad idea’ and I didn’t do that, thankfully I didn’t because I was working on a broken neck that whole time and didn’t know it and if I would’ve gotten readjusted, it could’ve been really bad and no, I don’t know specifically where the broken neck happened. I have some ideas and certain matches where it possibly could have happened but…”

Bo Dallas revealed he was out with a broken neck back in 2019

https://wrestling-edge.com/bray-wyatt-brother-leaks-sad-health-news/

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

WWE Threads are empty, because NOTHING HAPPENS. It's fucking boring, for years now. 

*checks WWE ratings trends for the last decade*

No, it’s definifley the DVDVR’s fault that there are fewer people around who care about watching/discussing WWE. It has nothing to do with the product itself verifiably turning off millions of viewers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, username said:

I've seen several people say something along these lines and I have an honest question: I always thought that on this spot the person on the top rope was basically throwing themselves, like all those Flair matches and how many opponents weren't tall enough to really have the leverage to toss him in any way? If I'm wrong then please tell me, but this looks more like Lashley likely never having done that bump before and misjudging it than Goldberg doing much wrong, right?

The person throwing in this spot is responsible for grabbing behind the person's head and tucking it for them on the throw. Goldberg just put his hand on Lashley's throat and never tucked his head for him. That's why he didn't get that tight flip like Flair always got and instead lawn darts on to his shoulder. Has nothing to do with size of the guy taking nor giving, it's all about the proper technique. Goldberg didn't do his end properly. And I doubt that's a spot Lashley takes often, so he may not have known the correct way it's done either. The blame is probably on the agent that suggested they use that spot and then didn't get across the proper way to do it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I am sure it has been mentioned elsewhere but I don't have the time to double check

PWI (and a few lesser sites) are saying Adam Cole has officially decided to leave WWE (or technically left since his contract is up)

13 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Since his contract ran out last month and his extention was a handshake deal, he can appear anywhere asap, right? 

No, he basically can legally show up somewhere else by next week. Or at least after Friday if he wanted to appear in a smaller promotion. At least that’s what has been reported.

Edit: How do we make this forum easier for the casuals to join? Is there a way @RIPPA can sell the forum archives to the WWE, and then be able to co-promote with them?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

16 hours ago, Peck said:

Meltz says Becky is actually the one who requested to come back as a heel.

She probably saw the way they script promos for faces vs heels and figured she’d be more likely to get cheered coming back as a heel anyways