DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Discussion

16 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

That CP Munk photo has me thinking how great would it be if that Rampage at the United Center opened up with Cult of Personality playing crowd goes Crazy and then CP Munk comes out. I’d laugh my ass off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What are the odds that Ric Flair gets back in the ring now that he's not under WWE contract?

FWIW, Meltzer and Alvarez "joked" = but didn't seem to be joking - that Ric would be WWE champion right now if he had his way.  I'm guessing there's a lot of truth to that.  Ric doesn't seem to want to - or maybe be able to - accept that he's no longer in the spotlight.  Probably becasue he's never seemed that interested in just being Richard Flieh.

Edited by Eoae

1 minute ago, Eoae said:

What are the odds that Ric Flair gets back in the ring now that he's not under WWE contract?

FWIW, Meltzer and Alvarez "joked" = but didn't seem to be joking - that Ric would be WWE champion right now if he had his way.  I'm guessing there's a lot of truth to that.  Ric doesn't seem to want to - or maybe be able to - accept that he's no longer in the spotlight.  Probably becasue he's never seemed that interested in just being Richard Flieh.

I can see it, sadly. Regular match and cinematic match.

Ric claimed he isn't banged up back in 2019

“I'm not physically banged up,” Flair said. “I feel great. My knees, elbows, and back, they don't bother me at all right now."

Time to make Omega tap out and win the AEW World title. Woooooooo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

early impression from watching Smack'em Whack'em (the exclusive source of the Flair/Hart WWE title change)... they did not realize the potential of improvements in video quality allowing us to see the gig marks on Bushwhacker Luke's head during the zooms

I believe that questionable 80s/90s WWF matches that were on tapes available for rental from Movie Gallery is in one of the sweetspots of my viewerdom.

I waited long enough to piggyback onto the someone else's Peacock account that they added a lot of the Network over there. Except for Clash 21 because that Badd vs Flamingo boxing match needs some stringent review. After the Olympics (and especially in October after Baseball), it'll be time to do things like watch PPVs that were never available at my Blockbuster/Movie Gallery.

• Like 1

For those whose don’t have Peacock nor WWE Network and wanna watch the Bret-Flair match Cobra is alluding to it’s up in two parts on WWE’s YouTube page.

Part 2 has almost 2 million more views than Part 1

• Like 1

Smack Em Whack Em also has the awesome Bret/Shawn ladder match from 1992 that isn't actually on YouTube because uploading things that are on the WWE Network is not good for your account (unless you're the WWE)

So yeah, Peacock went on a run of adding early/mid-90s Coliseum releases today

3 hours ago, Web Conn said:

That CP Munk photo has me thinking how great would it be if that Rampage at the United Center opened up with Cult of Personality playing crowd goes Crazy and then CP Munk comes out. I’d laugh my ass off.

Ok but then SWERVE the guy in the CP Munk suit turns out to be … CM Punk!

• Like 2

Yup…

Flair about to win back the belt that he tried to con Highspots into “buying” it from him. 

… to be honest that would be the right thing to do for Corgan. I think he realizes who his audience is, and what they’d like to see.

But let’s realize that RnR can still go unlike Flair.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Ricky Morton is ten years younger then Flair. But Ric looks like he's about thirty years older.

He would be good for a talk show segment. Bring back A Flair for the Gold. He wouldn't have to do anything physical...oh who am I kidding. Flair will get someone to book him in a match and it will be a gory mess since all he does is bleed at this point.

24 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Ricky Morton is ten years younger then Flair. But Ric looks like he's about thirty years older.

He would be good for a talk show segment. Bring back A Flair for the Gold. He wouldn't have to do anything physical...oh who am I kidding. Flair will get someone to book him in a match and it will be a gory mess since all he does is bleed at this point.

tk could also pay Fifi to come back. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Control said:

Ok but then SWERVE the guy in the CP Munk suit turns out to be … CM Punk!

I was thinking that AFI song Punk came out to in ROH comes on Punk comes out and hits a GTS on Munk or ECW style the lights go out come back on Punks in the ring hits the GTS

On 8/2/2021 at 4:26 PM, Wyld Samurai said:

Arn never mentioned that in his podcast. According to him they basically drifted apart when he became an agent and Flair was still talent.

Arn didn't text Ric after Reid died. Also sounds like Beth got custody of the Lunde's in the divorce.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Which says a lot because Morton hasn't exactly treated his body like a temple, especially in his younger days. 

2 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Which says a lot because Morton hasn't exactly treated his body like a temple, especially in his younger days. 

I honestly think that whats kept Ricky going is that he has still wrestled SOMEWHERE every weekend in the 25 years since the last national run for RnR.