DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Discussion

5 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

Was he? I saw mixed reports. I don't doubt you, just never saw it confirmed by anyone reputable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Spontaneous said:

I'm a little concerned that we're headed to a repeat of that weird period from April 2020 where there were no fans again. That was rough. I was thinking during the NJPW today, didn't Tokyo just post a record number of new cases in a day?

We're not going to lockdowns unless Delta hits a 5% lethality rate or something.  Mask mandates will likely return for a bit (and already have in safe blue areas), but we're reopened, even if it's a new normal, I don't see us closing down again, especially since the vaccine is widely avaliable and makes COVID about as risky as the flu to vaccinated folks.  (The flu can still kill you too)

I could see attendance taking a hit if people get scared, while Delta is raging I don't want to travel to any big events/shows , and I am looking at cancelling the thing I was planning in November, which saddens me, but I get a few more months to work on myself which is good.

BTW- please get vaccinated if you haven't!

Japan might shutdown briefly, but I think they'll reopen once they get a good amount of vaccinations- vaxxing has picked up in Japan, and I think all the NJPW and DDT/TJPW folks have gotten their first doses at least. 

Edited by alstein

19 minutes ago, alstein said:

We're not going to lockdowns unless Delta hits a 5% lethality rate or something.  Mask mandates will likely return for a bit (and already have in safe blue areas), but we're reopened, even if it's a new normal, I don't see us closing down again, especially since the vaccine is widely avaliable and makes COVID about as risky as the flu to vaccinated folks.  (The flu can still kill you too)

Biden's science adviser, Dr. Fauci, was on Face the Nation yesterday and didn't think lockdowns were coming.  Mask mandates seem to be making a comeback.  I find living in a world of masks depressing so I'm fairly bitter at the moment.  Good luck getting me to be civil to anti-vaxxers any time in the near future.  

• Thanks 2

I'm dealing with a quasi-anti-vaxxer situation with a close family member (not really against it per se, but just "afraid" to get it thanks to social media) and it's fucking exhausting. My point being, @Eoae, that I totally agree - if it weren't family, civility would have long left the building.

2 hours ago, killsteve said:

WWE has spent the last 5 or so years building up a pipeline of talent, only to have nowhere for that talent to go. Still relying part-timers for your big matches. Now all that talent has somewhere better to go, but the pipeline is just so big. There's almost enough for ANOTHER major player to swoop in and pick up some big names. No idea what ROH's coffers are like these days but they should be angling for some of these guys. 

Judging from the look of ROH compared to Impact, I'd rather go to Impact. 

• Like 1

I already have my tickets up for sale for $500 each.

Hey, I have a kid on the way. So if I can make $800 in profit then I'm going to make $800 in profit. 

This tickets are totally not selling for that amount.

Some assorted news.

AEW inks India TV deal.

Jojo Offerman, Brays gf left WWE months ago.

Not WWE but Shane McMahon appointed Executive Chairman of Ideanomics.

Edited by D.Z