DVDVR Message Board

All Out III - 9/5/2021

Dolfan in NYC

i didn't think Lucha Bros. vs. Bucks was anything like their previous matches because while they did do a lot of high risk indy spots they sold when they had to sell and they got bloody and they fought and clawed out there in the cage.. they slowed the pace down when it was needed and that made it feel all the more epic.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Who is that? It's one of my favourite reactions used in GIFs/social media. Thanks.

Recently retired head coach of the University of North Carolina men's basketball team, Roy Williams. 

• Thanks 1

HHH has to be furious.  He helped turn Black and Cole into legit main roster talents who would have had lengthy careers and probably sold a ton of merch and Vince completely ruined one and never gave the other a real chance.  

What good is developmental when you do all the hard work and then the main rosters says "nah" 

• Like 11

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

HHH has to be furious.  He helped turn Black and Cole into legit main roster talents who would have had lengthy careers and probably sold a ton of merch and Vince completely ruined one and never gave the other a real chance.  

What good is developmental when you do all the hard work and then the main rosters says "nah" 

He can run Tony's developmental in a few years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, just drew said:

Women's title match slapped, but they've gotta stop putting young babyface women in this position. Red Velvet and Kris Statlander are great talents with incredibly high ceilings, but there's no way anyone's cheering them over Britt right now.

I actually thought Statlander got a solid amount of support in this match, and Britt even got *lightly* booed at a couple of points.  They were definitely starting to rally behind Stat late in the match, which is not something that’s happened in any of Britt’s matches with faces since fans came back. So overall, I’d say this was a success for Stat. She didn’t get chewed up and spit out like Velvet*, who I’m afraid has no choice but to turn heel soon; she even got booed a bit during the battle royal.

*I realize this is not a fair comparison for Velvet, as she’s relatively green talent who got thrown into a situation she was not ready for. But I didn’t book it.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

He can run Tony's developmental in a few years. 

52 and rich as fuck, the VKM work and sleep patterns are not doing him any favours, why not kick back, retire and enjoy this show with the rest of us marks?

• Like 1

This post-show media scrum is great stuff. Ruby Soho is about to break down crying talking about how welcomed she felt backstage today. Still got Adam Cole and Bryan Danielson coming up - Punk opened it up, then Rey Fenix and Penta followed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EVA said:

I actually thought Statlander got a solid amount of support in this match, and Britt even got *lightly* booed at a couple of points.  They were definitely starting to rally behind Stat late in the match, which is not something that’s happened in any of Britt’s matches with faces since fans came back. So overall, I’d say this was a success for Stat. She didn’t get chewed up and spit out like Velvet, who I’m afraid has no choice but to turn heel soon; she even got booed a bit during the battle royal.

Yeah Britt definitely got booed a bit today when kicking Statlander when she was down, she’s a heel after all. I think it helped that uber face OC was in Stat’s corner too.

Edited by eikerir

Just now, eikerir said:

Yeah Britt definitely got booed a bit today when kicking Statlander when she was down, she’s a heel after all. I think it helped that uber face OC was in Stat’s corner too.

Orange Cassidy getting fired up and telling Statlander to get back in the ring was fucking awesome. Best friends indeed.

• Like 8

Between the Punk return and this show, I can’t think of a 1-2 punch over the space of a couple of weeks that warms the cockles of a hardcore fan like this any time in recent memory. Just buzzing right now, scanning the social media and taking in the amazing reception across the board, the scrum and everything. Equal parts euphoria over an all-time great show and tingling in anticipation of what’s to come.

• Like 5

Bryan Danielson, much like CM Punk, said that one of the big factors in choosing AEW was how the locker room handled the Brodie Lee situation and that tribute show.

I really wish Brodie was around for all of this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Bryan Danielson, much like CM Punk, said that one of the big factors in choosing AEW was how the locker room handled the Brodie Lee situation and that tribute show.

I really wish Brodie was around for all of this.

God every once in a while I'll just get a bummed feeling at imagining Brodie vs Eddie in front of a packed super hot crowd

• Like 1
  • Sad 5