DVDVR Message Board

All Out III - 9/5/2021

Dolfan in NYC

We’re so deep in Shenandoah this week that even with this cabin’s wifi, I can’t get gifs to load. I was never going to order this thing in the first place but that shouldn’t sound as negative and dismissive as it probably does. I’m engaged in the results and the booking and what comes out of this. I don’t feel a need to see any of it live but that I care in the first place is a big change from a year or two ago. So good for them.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

This is so strange to me. Okay, let's say they're doing this because Omega wins, Bryan comes out and goes face-to-face with Omega. Then what? You hotshot that match right away? You cool Bryan off by having him climb the ranks while people say "Wasn't he supposed to be facing Omega"?

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

Why wouldn't your World Title match go on last?

Because the outcome is a foregone conclusion to most people, because we already saw the matchup on free tv, and because the Punk return match is a bigger deal, especially to a Chicago crowd.

The world title match didn't go on last at AEW's last ppv either.

• Like 1

I'm kind of caffeinated right now, so sorry if I sound upset about it.  I just find it surprising.  When Page lost his title shot there was a lot of "who else could possibly be a main-event-worthy challenger right now?" talk, and I always assumed they'd have some other big match to put in the main event, especially with the Punk and Bryan rumors at the time.

I mean,  Punk hasn't worked a match in 7 years.  Putting him in the middle isn't the worst idea.  And the World Title going on before Stadium Stampede makes more sense than doing it just for a nostalgia pop.  Kenny and the belt are supposed to be the most important thing in the promotion, book it like it, forgone conclusion or not.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I mean,  Punk hasn't worked a match in 7 years.  Putting him in the middle isn't the worst idea.  And the World Title going on before Stadium Stampede makes more sense than doing it just for a nostalgia pop.  Kenny and the belt are supposed to be the most important thing in the promotion, book it like it, forgone conclusion or not.

I feel Punk / Darby should go on last based on hype and build up but I like the dedication of giving your World Title the main event slot and pushing the talent involved to rise up and deliver.

Edited by eikerir

Whilst common sense says Punk wins and puts Darby over for big sticks down the track, I’m also a big fan of the Japanese psych and having Punk lose and go on the redemption storyline. Certainly won’t hurt him to lose after seven years gone.

Imagine if 4 or 5 years ago someone told you that someday you'd see New Japan's Kenny Omega facing a then retired because of concussions Christian as the headlining match, with CM Punk returning in another match and Rusev facing that guy who was in that short lived stable in TNA with James Storm and Bram that you can't remember the name of (DCC). And then said person told you it wouldn't be a WWE show. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

On 9/4/2021 at 1:00 AM, The Natural said:

I'd go with CM Punk/Darby Allin as the headliner. Usually the world title match should go on last but Punk/Darby is the biggest match. It's Punk's first match in seven years and taking place in Chicago.